A1 Closure Yesterday - Who was it?

Well who was it?? A1 shut around Markham Moor & Had to be diverted round ollerton then back out via Blyth, not bad road but when you have literally thousands of otehr traffic to contend with , a digi motor and crawling at 2mph stop start it certainly doesnt help. Lorry carrying 32k’s LTRS of paint with 1800ltrs spilling on the road. Happened Sat AM, road opened Sat 10pm

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott … 087207.stm

was that the crash just before wetherby services?
i passed that heading home, well, harthill anyway. it was a car that left a load of debris on the hard shoulder and came to rest in the outside lane. the roof was cut off by the look of it. no other vehicles other than emergency services were there so i dont know if anyone else was involved or if this was just some idiot who couldnt handle wet weather driving

it was a bloody joke sc i went through retford on my way down sth bound and a little rat run on way back home but it was a joke, bloody highway agy make a meal out of anything!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

No Scanny it was at Markham Moor, lorry overturned and spilled 1800ltrs of paint onto teh road.

globby 480:
it was a bloody joke sc i went through retford on my way down sth bound and a little rat run on way back home but it was a joke, bloody highway agy make a meal out of anything!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

I came out of Culina @ Haverhill and was actually going to go M1-M6 but A1 is a decent road… Ah well got home in end up.

scottishcruiser:
No Scanny it was at Markham Moor, lorry overturned and spilled 1800ltrs of paint onto teh road.

2 road closures on the A1 in one morning and on a saturday! :open_mouth:
there must have been a few poor sods who didnt make it home yesterday with delays like that. last i heard, the car crash had caused 8 - 10 miles of traffic and they hadnt even moved the car at that point

scottishcruiser:

They wasn`t re-marking the road with new white line was they?

Southbound was open when I went down past the scene and it was a right mess,a hookloader had just dropped off a big bin and some lackies were picking up the tubs that were still intact,everybody and their dog from the Highways Dept were there aswell as a gully emtier (to ■■■■ up the paint I pressume)and a Johnson sweeper,no sign of the offending vehicle though must have already been recovered.

It’s been a “good” W/end on the A1. LOL. Just got onto A1 S/bound, from A61 Ripon @ 09 00 am Sun … spotted a huge cloud of black smoke - looked to be in Rainton services ? :confused:

200yds … came to a halt - right in the new roadworks (narrow lanes - hemmed in with armco) … YES you’ve guessed, vehicle on fire IN the narrow lanes just before the old Little Chef.

So … you’ve guessed … 5 fire engines, come North - past the fire … U -turn over the A61 flyover, then try to get thro’ 2 lanes of standing traffic, where there is NO hard shoulder or grass verge … must have taken them 15 mins ! :unamused:

So 45 mins later we are finally allowed past what i “think” was left of a van ■■ … chassis/wheels/ steering wheel :laughing:
Why the fire engines didn’t stop on the N/bound carriageway - there were 4 Police cars as well, to block the road, … then just throw the hoses over the crash barrier … they could see the traffic was solid ?

Also “nearly” got caught in the one on Sat am :unamused: But … having heard on Radio 5 … came off @ B’bridge, and went down the “Old” A1, past Bridge Inn @ Walshford, and back on @ Wetherby :smiley: :smiley: What surprised me, was that ONLY 2 trucks came off @ Allerton Park, and came down behind me :confused: :confused: Everyone else was just sitting on the A1 :question: :question:

The Rustler:
What surprised me, was that ONLY 2 trucks came off @ Allerton Park, and came down behind me :confused: :confused: Everyone else was just sitting on the A1 :question: :question:

must have been a lot of agency drivers clocking up the hours :laughing:

The Rustler:
Why the fire engines didn’t stop on the N/bound carriageway - there were 4 Police cars as well, to block the road, … then just throw the hoses over the crash barrier … they could see the traffic was solid ?

Probably agency drivers trying to clock more hours up, or maybe it was shift change :smiley:

scanny77:

The Rustler:
What surprised me, was that ONLY 2 trucks came off @ Allerton Park, and came down behind me :confused: :confused: Everyone else was just sitting on the A1 :question: :question:

must have been a lot of agency drivers clocking up the hours :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I would have sat in the queue … but was due in Carlton (Wakefield) @ 10am to tranship … if i’m not there, i have to go to Gadbrook with 1 pall !

peirre:

scottishcruiser:

They wasn`t re-marking the road with new white line was they?

well i thought people would just gloss over it on here… :blush: :blush:

Someone dropped a container today on the A1/A14 roundabout…tsk tsk, meant I had to take another route home and could only get back by 16.15 ffs.

scottishcruiser:
Well who was it?? A1 shut around Markham Moor & Had to be diverted round ollerton then back out via Blyth, not bad road but when you have literally thousands of otehr traffic to contend with , a digi motor and crawling at 2mph stop start it certainly doesnt help. Lorry carrying 32k’s LTRS of paint with 1800ltrs spilling on the road. Happened Sat AM, road opened Sat 10pm

about time you lot sat in a que for a change, you certainly dont do it at the co-op alferton,were all sat there qued up the road, round the corner commes one of your motors pulling a norfolkline trailer and every time goes straight in :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [how much do you bribe the co-op for that treatment :laughing: :laughing: :wink: .
im just suprised the coppers didnt give you youre own little diversion while the A1 was shut :wink:

Hey Ady them co-op loads from Ireland seem to be TOP priority for tipping. Ive seen them tip me 26 pallets in 12mins before, certainly not as quick re-loading you mind when your doing a mini RDC delivery for them, sometimes in there 2hrs+ getting reloaded.

ady1:

scottishcruiser:

about time you lot sat in a que for a change, you certainly dont do it at the co-op alferton,were all sat there qued up the road, round the corner commes one of your motors pulling a norfolkline trailer and every time goes straight in :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [how much do you bribe the co-op for that treatment :laughing: :laughing: :wink: .
im just suprised the coppers didnt give you youre own little diversion while the A1 was shut :wink:

funny you should mention co op alferton. thats where i had collected my backload from. booked in at 3am, started loading me at 06.20, left at 06.40. at least i made up for my disturbed night parked on the first layby off the M1 :laughing: