The true cost of speed!

According to the Department of Health it costs £100,000 to put a motorist back together again after being injured in a serious collision. This money could be used to transplant 6 hearts or 20 hip replacements.
Stagecoach are going to carry this advertisement on their buses!

Wheel Nut:
According to the Department of Health it costs £100,000 to put a motorist back together again after being injured in a serious collision.

that’s not the truecost of speed, that’s the true cost of having a serious collision :smiling_imp:

I hope that they put it on the busses in our area!!!
maybe the bus drivers might read it and take note! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I reckon that there is too much damned racing about the place going on altogether, it makes me bleedin tired. Whats the big rush anyway? I wonder that to myself many a time.

Mal.

here here mal. slowwwwww dowwwwwwn… its much more relaxing :laughing: :laughing:

oh, that speed!. thought we were talking about the other kind:shock: :wink:

I agree Mal. After my recent speed-camera incident I ain’t speedin for nobody. Annoys the heck out of my boss, especially when I miss the ferry to Ireland cos I won’t speed to make it. Tough ■■■■■■■ to him, should get his schedule right in the first place instead of relyin on route-planning software to work out how long a run will take me.

I’m paid by the hour - I no care :sunglasses: :smiley:

Thecritic:
I hope that they put it on the busses in our area!!!
maybe the bus drivers might read it and take note! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

as an ex bus driver i packed it in for that very reason,charging round trying to catch your time :imp:

also 5 1/2 hour first piece

50 minute break(if you got in ontime)

4 1/2 hour second piece

constant grief and hard charging

jon

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Denis replied: that’s the true cost of having a serious collision :laughing: :laughing:

Just out of interest, are bus drivers and coach drivers considered to be the same?

Stagecoach are going to carry this advertisement on their buses

this is the only thing they’ll carry. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Mal:
I reckon that there is too much damned racing about the place going on altogether, it makes me bleedin tired. Whats the big rush anyway? I wonder that to myself many a time.

Mal.

you’re only jealous because you cant keep up in your sedi :laughing:

daveb0789:
Just out of interest, are bus drivers and coach drivers considered to be the same?

certainly not :wink:
most bus drivers have a mickey mouse licence(2 pedal)
coaches are on tacho,buses are not.
coaching was brill :smiley:
bus work is [zb] :imp:

jon

If it needs stars to get past the censor, it’s not allowed.L. :wink:

You forgot to mention Bus drivers,as they are on paper, pre written duty sheets, can loose legally required breaks & have one time written on a time table & a second on a duty shift to make it look legit.
I walked out of one company that dutied me out of a terminus before I was timetabled in, it also failed to decaire, as a result of non existent stand time, over 5.5 hours of continous driving without a 30 minute break or 45 minutes of non driving time.
A Bus driver can drive up to 8.5 hours providing non driving periods total at least 45 minutes during that time.
Normal definition is Bus licence is auto, Coach licence is stick, but many of the 30 seater minibuses require a full stick licence, so most bus drivers have a full stick licence…
Another definition is that Bus drivers drive & coach drivers drive, clean & wait, coach driving is mop & bucket money for a lot of mop & bucket work.
FF37515

well youve taught me something there alan, i didnt know buses were tacho free. (and im not being sarcastic either!).

alan:
coach driving is mop & bucket money for a lot of mop & bucket work.
FF37515

i dont call £800 per 10 day tour plus wages mop & bucket :laughing:
that is the average i took home plus my wages(£200 per week)
as for the roster your breaks have only to be on paper ,the fact they are impossible to keep doest matter :imp:
in our area all minibuses are auto,so they only have two pedal licences
a friend of mine today tells me arriva in wakefield now pay £7.80 per/hr,with no b rate to start on,about time that all rates are the same for doing the same job :slight_smile:

jon

coach drivers = executive multi-passenger chauffers :smiley:

Bus drivers = general dogsbody, working 10-12hr days, with 30min break, if not running late :frowning:

Worked for First buses, South West - never, never again :blush:

Wheel Nut:
According to the Department of Health it costs £100,000 to put a motorist back together again after being injured in a serious collision. This money could be used to transplant 6 hearts or 20 hip replacements.
Stagecoach are going to carry this advertisement on their buses![/quote)

so if a bus has a crash with 52 full seats that could cost over half million?? simple then all buses and coaches should be limited to 50 mph and stay in the granny lane,this way all our kids on school trips will get there safer…

coach drivers = executive multi-passenger chauffers

Bus drivers = general dogsbody, working 10-12hr days, with 30min break, if not running late

general dogsbody mmmmm… must remember to call my father that one…

so why is it when you here of a bus crash its always one of these so called executive multi passenger chauffers :question: get there speed cut back and get them restricted to inside and middle lanes,two many people have died with these coaches.

Kit Kat!
As one of those Executive Chauffers, I hate to tell ya!.. Check your highway code & you’ll find that PSV’s are already restricted to inside & middle lanes & have been now for a number or years.
Cheers!
TP