M1 Recovery

Lad I know jacknifed his horse n cart in the snow yesterday, the recovery company that was already working on the motorway charged him £4500.00 to recover him 2 junctions
£4500.00 for 1 hours work ( Robin Barstewards )

Standard rate that,gotta pay for those wreckers somehow :smiley:

xichrisxi:

Is it, :open_mouth: FTA do a scheme where recovery was £90ph last year and I was recovered by Mick Goulds from Calais to Tunbridge Wells a couple of years ago at £70ph plus ferry costs.

muckles:

xichrisxi:

Is it, :open_mouth: FTA do a scheme where recovery was £90ph last year and I was recovered by Mick Goulds from Calais to Tunbridge Wells a couple of years ago at £70ph plus ferry costs.

Standard for emergency work when the boss of the recovery company wants a nice xmas present :smiley:

if was you,then id have kept my foot on the brakes when they were towing me to make sure i got my moneys worth … :astonished:

xichrisxi:

muckles:

xichrisxi:

Standard for emergency work when the boss of the recovery company wants a nice xmas present :smiley:

Yea must be, :open_mouth: I thought there was a scale of call out charges for recovery, or maybe that’s just for Police work. :confused:

There all robbing bustards. Had my motorcycle stolen someone on Facebook found it and reported it. Police got to it before me recovered it and charged me £200 to get it back…

Just claim the cost on your insurance, a lot cheaper for them than paying for a new bike eh !

DP

Heavy recovery trucks are ridiculously costly but…£4500 for a 1 hour job is a p1ss take…

dieseldog999:
if was you,then id have kept my foot on the brakes when they were towing me to make sure i got my moneys worth … :astonished:

note to self…make the jokes a bit more obvious if you dont want them to go wwoooooosssshhhhhhhhh :cry:

Was he one of the green meanies, that had managed to cause havoc on the M1 at jcn 14 exit slip, then another 2 at the traffic lights near amazon( Marston gate) jcn13, another at 12a exit slip, o and not forgetting jcn11 entry slip sth bound, and nth bound. I hope they charged them more.

That is the rub .
Nearby ,police job , motoway ,bad weather .
Charge what they like .
Many companies that do the police work tend to charge far more than others but the police contracts do tend to specify attendance within a time limit and high spec and high capability units to attend .
The price for this job does look absorbitent.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SHYTOT:
Lad I know jacknifed his horse n cart in the snow yesterday, the recovery company that was already working on the motorway charged him £4500.00 to recover him 2 junctions
£4500.00 for 1 hours work ( Robin Barstewards )

Another reason why I’ve a proper tow rope on top of the spare wheel ,some folding money and real ale in the cab , been towed off the m5 by a skip lorry and off the m25 by a cement tanker .

many moons ago i got stuck halfway up shap in the snow shortly before they closed it in the middle of the nght.
pre mobile phone days.
i flagged down the grit lorry and asked him to gives a tug off to get me started…( cue dipper).
after a few mns of more than my jobs worth and various other insurance based fob offs,i offered him a tenner.
he nearly knocked me down trying to reverse back into me asap…

cash talks. :smiley:

lol… DD got a tenner for pulling one intae Millars at beatock one night start o the 80s with one o the 6x6 maggies and the following night another tenner frae millars for doing so …hehe.ha dto split wae 2nd man though. Can remember what I got of a Embassy cig rep one dark night when she broke down at greenhillstairs and offered her a lift down into the old AA repeater station. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

JIMBO47:
lol… DD got a tenner for pulling one intae Millars at beatock one night start o the 80s with one o the 6x6 maggies and the following night another tenner frae millars for doing so …hehe.ha dto split wae 2nd man though. Can remember what I got of a Embassy cig rep one dark night when she broke down at greenhillstairs and offered her a lift down into the old AA repeater station. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

nuff said.
prob just as well she wasnt a rep for bristol ■■■■,or fishermans friends… :slight_smile:

aye …I got 2 cartons o no6 the kin AA man had her :smiley: :smiley: over the seat in his van or so the **** told me the following night!

JIMBO47:
aye …I got 2 cartons o no6 the kin AA man had her :smiley: :smiley: over the seat in his van or so the **** told me the following night!

he probably had her in the recovery position… :smiley:

ffs mate near choked on my dinner reading that!!! :laughing: