M1 Recovery

SHYTOT:
Lad I know jacknifed his horse n cart in the snow yesterday, the recovery company that was already working on the motorway charged him £4500.00 to recover him 2 junctions
£4500.00 for 1 hours work ( Robin Barstewards )

Which RDC were you tipping at when you heard that? :grimacing:

Not in an RDC it was in my office from a subcontractor that works for us full time
and I was contacted within minutes of it happening

I’ve run heavy recovery before & the bill can come to anywhere between £40 & £40,000+.

I could easily explain how a bill of £4500 could be raised if the OP could post the full details.

In another life I was on a heavy recovery job where the bill ended up in excess of £100k. Mind you it was a burning potato bulker in the driveway of a stately home and it took 8 of us and a hired in JCB and two tipper lorries 4 days to sort it.

I gave a couple of fat birds a lift home from Manchester in a Mk2 ■■■■■■ years ago and broke one of my leaf springs :frowning:

I learnt then that you need the right kit for moving heavy stuff.

eagerbeaver:
I gave a couple of fat birds a lift home from Manchester in a Mk2 ■■■■■■ years ago and broke one of my leaf springs :frowning:

I meant to congratulate you on finishing runner up in Celebrity Jungle thingy the other day mate! If anyone has ever met EB he’s a twin separated at birth from Jamie the runner up :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:

I meant to congratulate you on finishing runner up in Celebrity Jungle thingy the other day mate! If anyone has ever met EB he’s a twin separated at birth from Jamie the runner up :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: You are the second person this week to say that mate!