Want to know the future of the hgv industry?

My opinion. The future of the hgv industry will be about ten companies running the whole thing and about three firms doing the frozen and ambient drops. The bits of ■■■■ no one wants like 8 pallets here 4 pallets there will be done by small firms a few of them dotted about being used by the big boys to do the ■■■■ . Stobarts,great bear,wincanton ,xpo,ecT ECT will be controlling the whole thing. All the work conditions will be almost the same, the pay will be similar bar a few pence here and there . You will all be similar to monodrones like queing outside the transport office for your work and smiling and saying how great th firm is coz in the que will be rat grasses .

There will be no unions or the ones that are there will be good cop bad cop scenario like oh yeah we’ve got your back when they have not. Think labour and conservative party. The government will and are encouraging these large conglomerate firms to take over as they will set the prices for the cost of transport and keep the costs down. This will cause stabilization and not hyperinflation. If costs of transport of goods goes up this would cause goods in shops to go up = hyperinflation. If Mr Smith haulage has ten wagons he has to charge decent to survive. If the big firms have 2600 units and every unit makes the firm 50 pound per day profit …2600× 50 you add it up.

There is and will be competitions with a big board in the transport office who is in the lead regarding microlising , use of fuel ,brakes, ect. This will save the conglomerate firm more money. These big boys are already buying up all the other firms to stop any competition. I heard the smaller firms were getting targeted by vosa excessively…is this so they quit or sell up ? Don’t forget also the magical number of around 60,000 shortage of drivers that turns up every six months. This is so the guiliible who believe hgv drivers are on 18 oh train up and keep the systemic cog moving . Oh and don’t forget to be a security guard for 2 pH . When your parked up at night and getting your 26 pound. Oh I almost forgot don’t forget to insult me and I can understand as it is boring when your trying to get to sleep with fridge trailer turned on parked next to you.

Sounds like you’ve had a really bad day or you really do hate your job.

No insult. You have an overblown sense of self importance if you think that a deliberately trolling post actually matters 0/10.

Another aka rowleydicknick jayne or jakethesnake trolling post don’t give them the satisfaction of a reply

Is it school holidays already?

A very similar thing has happened in the passenger (bus) transport industry. There is Stagecoach ,Arriva and First. Over time they have bought up most of the small family owned operations. In some cases the old names live on as a brand. The working conditions are dictated from the main head office .

Is it too soon in the thread for this?

Zac_A:

I’m hoping Father Christmas will bring me some nice new ones for Christmas… He normally does.

biggriffin:

Zac_A:

I’m hoping Father Christmas will bring me some nice new ones for Christmas… He normally does.

I always get some for Christmas. They’re usually too big as I only have little feet. I give them to my mate as his feet are bigger.
Bernard

Tbf he made some valid points…then he showed his true flag by coming out with the old’ security guard hourly paid’ dog ■■■■.
So 3 for valid points made, 1 for correct spelling and punctuation,.and 2 bonus points for leading me in a false sense of security. :smiley:
6 out of 10…not bad. :sunglasses:

It’s always been the case of a few hauling the cream of the loads, and the rest hauling the shoit

Despite the sticking out of tongues that’s coming, here’s my view on it.
Truthsetyoufree is generally right and here’s why.

Previously, there were different classes of workers. At the bottom were the labourers on a minimum wage. Higher came the flt drivers, then HGV drivers, then planners and above that, management. Those were the days when you could put in the hours and earn as much as management. Long hours, but that was what it was all about.

Enter the EU and the WTD. Flood the economy with foreign HGV drivers, introduce ‘compliance officers’ and classrooms … And here we are. The warehouse worker is now likely a minimum wage immigrant, above them is a flt driver on £1ph above the bottom rate. Above the flt driver is the HGV driver on a £1ph more than the flt driver and above that is management. We’re all labourers and that’s how we’re seen. What was once regarded as a skill is no more. Britain can’t compete against the East European companies and it’s why they’re going bust one after another. Come the day and there will be a handful of big companies running the show, just as a few giants will be running the retail market. :slight_smile: