Fuel pump handle locker

What do you use to lock the pump handle in place when fueling up?

Been using ad blue cap until now but the ad blue cap is too big on this new volvo.

Can you buy something online. That does the job?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Tennis Ball

50 pence piece.

Have a look in the yard skip. There will be some broken pallets in there, just like every haulage yard. You’ll find a suitably shaped piece of broken wood. Get a piece that’s a bit wedge shaped, wider at one end than the other, to fit the different size gaps on the various filling station pumps.

ABS lead…

Don’t forget to plug it back in.

The key fob

You could try holding it. You’ve got bugger all else to do.

biggriffin:
Tennis Ball

Me Too… :smiley:

Keeping in mind that “The simplest solution is almost always the best.”…to paraphrase 14th-century logician and theologian William of Ockham.

Double erased

Next question will be . . . Where can i buy a spill kit ? :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/fuelgrip-spe … 3908149472

adammur:

Been using ad blue cap until now but the ad blue cap is too big on this new volvo.

Tennis ball.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I used to use my keys, but the little spits of diesel got on them. Now I carry a small wooden wedge I fished out of the offcuts bin in the timber yard I work out of.

Good thing about a wedge is occasionally I get stuck with an adblue pump that won’t pump more than a trickle before clicking off. Instead of paying for the bit I used in discovering this then finding another pump I set the wedge to just give out a trickle. Slow, but no slower than pumping 450l of diesel.

Small jewellers screwdriver or a straightened out thick paperclip. The only difference between the ones that lock and don’t is that they took the pin out of the handle, the little lever is still there. So shove one of those small jewellers screwdrivers or the end of a straightened out paperclip in the hole where the pin was and you’re good to go. Much easier than trying to wedge stuff in the handle.

AdBlu cap

blue estate:
AdBlu cap

Blue Estate, please let me introduce you to the OP, AdamMur

adammur:

:smiley:

Franglais:

blue estate:
AdBlu cap

Blue Estate, please let me introduce you to the OP, AdamMur

adammur:

:smiley:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]I did read that ,
P/s I rearely suffer such 1st world problems like this as I mostly fill up in the depot and we still have a working clip. [emoji6][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my truck

Get the pump attendant to hold it

Mazzer2:

And don’t forget the Green shield stamps [emoji6]

Sent from my truck

blue estate:

Mazzer2:

And don’t forget the Green shield stamps [emoji6]

Sent from my truck

Still have pump attendants at our local place no Green Shield stamps tho :frowning: