TOP MONEY

I speak to Truckers most days usually about money and conditions and most of these guys are driving 44 Tonne artics for less money than KIDS GET TURNING BUGERS i.e. £5, 6, or 7 Quid :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I am NOT fabricating this these are FACTS :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I DEFY ANYONE TO MAKE SENSE OF THAT :open_mouth:

I SPEAK TO DRIVERS MOST DAYS ASWELL.LIKE WE ALL DO TONY… and i think you will find that 5 6 7 £££ is more usual than unusual… i think you will also find the national pay averege is about the same… this is the second time you have brought this up .wot exactly are you saying comrade? that we should pack it all in so we will get better service at ronalds… being older than the averege bear that work in these places. cmon you know were in a poor paid industry… does it make us any the worse a person cos we like our jobs… we would all like to earn double wot were on … but cmon man get real

TONY:
I speak to Truckers most days usually about money and conditions and most of these guys are driving 44 Tonne artics for less money than KIDS GET TURNING BUGERS i.e. £5, 6, or 7 Quid :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I am NOT fabricating this these are FACTS :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Tony i think you might find that fabrication is dealt by those who imagine they are on much more than that , i defy anyone who thinks they get much more ( not including agency) to show a copy of their written insult (wage slip).

I personally would say that anyone on more than £7 an hour before overtime is on a bloody good crack ( please please dont edit the word crack its not meant to be ■■■■■■ :smiling_imp: ) anyone on less than £5.50 an hour is pretty sad.

Please don,t give us the usual bovine exretia that you are on £8 an hour and time and 189/3rds after that live life be happy and be honest.

Lets face it driving a truck is a manual labour job its not really that hard is it■■?, i have done it so please dont say i dont know what im talking about.

What I fail to understand is WHY there are people out there driving trucks…(with all the associated responsibility, unsocial & long hours) for this £5 & £6 per hour insult pay, when there ARE jobs out there available at GOOD wages.
There are peeps driving trucks on circa £40k/year. Indeed was offered such myself a few months back, & most annoyingly, had to knock it back, as, presently, due to personal circs, i cannot go driving full time. Grrrrr.
:blush:
Please also bear in mind that many major player agencies, now offer guaranteed pay, uniform, health insurance & holiday pay.

oh shut up

Driveroneuk:
What I fail to understand is WHY there are people out there driving trucks…(with all the associated responsibility, unsocial & long hours) for this £5 & £6 per hour insult pay, when there ARE jobs out there available at GOOD wages.
There are peeps driving trucks on circa £40k/year. Indeed was offered such myself a few months back, & most annoyingly, had to knock it back, as, presently, due to personal circs, i cannot go driving full time. Grrrrr.
:blush:
Please also bear in mind that many major player agencies, now offer guaranteed pay, uniform, health insurance & holiday pay.

Yea right :unamused: if " major player agencies were paying that we would all do it wouldnt well :unamused: their adverts will promise you the world and deliver very little as you can see from some of the threads on this site.
Where I work we are cutting back on agencey drivers , why because the company is having to pay top money for not very top class drivers, and believe it or not the do cause more damage to vehicles :unamused: yes I could earn alittle more an hour and get a nice little uniform but I would not be gauranteed earning what I take home now each and every week , could not be guaranteed the hours I do or the same decent boss every week :laughing: instead would probley be offered a few dull night trunking jobs here and there because noone else wants to do that job :unamused: :unamused:
As for the argument about guys earning more flipping burgers you are probley right in some cases but I dont want to flip burgers and a guy flipping burgers aint gonna clear £2400 a month now is he Tony, and before you come back with your old pony and trap case about " well but what hours do you work for that" thats my choice to work those hours no one makes me I do it to enable my family to live to a standard that I would not afford working at a burger bar :unamused:

well said that man

Quite honestly, I find Tony’s continual rants about wages and conditions rather tiresome.
No one makes us do this job… we do it because we all love it!!
If I have a good boss who lets me do as I please as long as the job is done, pays me on time every month/week then I am happy… if I want to work for £5,6 or 7 an hour, then thats down to me!

TheBear:
Quite honestly, I find Tony’s continual rants about wages and conditions rather tiresome.
No one makes us do this job… we do it because we all love it!!
If I have a good boss who lets me do as I please as long as the job is done, pays me on time every month/week then I am happy… if I want to work for £5,6 or 7 an hour, then thats down to me!

I will echo what ohterry555 said " well said that man"

TONY:

ok ok as some others are getting a bit edgey with this lol i just want to ask afew questions really

Tony how much do you get paid and for how many hours and doing what

I put my life on the line everyday hanging from a 13mm rope minimum of 20ft up in the air using a petrol driven chainsaw and i only earn just over £8.50/ hour and that is just for the benefit or a local council and why u may say and call me daft
It IS because it is a job i love and if i wanted to be a burger flipper dont you think i would be there doing that
No matter how much money you get paid if the job is not for you there is no way that you will put 100% into it and get 110% satisfaction back

Would anyone like fries with that? :laughing:

Ken.

jammymutt:

TONY:

Tony i think you might find that fabrication is dealt by those who imagine they are on much more than that , i defy anyone who thinks they get much more ( not including agency) to show a copy of their written insult (wage slip).

I personally would say that anyone on more than £7 an hour before overtime is on a bloody good crack ( please please dont edit the word crack its not meant to be ■■■■■■ :smiling_imp: ) anyone on less than £5.50 an hour is pretty sad.

Please don,t give us the usual bovine exretia that you are on £8 an hour and time and 189/3rds after that live life be happy and be honest.

Lets face it driving a truck is a manual labour job its not really that hard is it■■?, i have done it so please dont say i dont know what im talking about.

Im grossing about £650 a week jammy, i work 5 nights, i could do more if i wanted and gross £750 a week easily.
I work about 55 hours a week, i totally enjoy my job, the money i earn provides me and my family with all the things we need and a bit more, i am a qualified service engineer, and left my job of 20k a year plus company car, 9 - 4.30 monday - friday job, simply because i want a job, where if i wish, i can put the extra effort in, do the hours and earn the cash. I earn £8 an hour basic, £2.40 on top of that for night rate (i star at 18.00 so i earn £10.40 an hour) i get time and a half after 8 hours, £12 on a saturday and £15 on a sunday.
Im completely satisfied with my wages and the job.
Oh and im not on agecny.

Gurner:

jammymutt:

TONY:

Im grossing about £650 a week jammy, i work 5 nights, i could do more if i wanted and gross £750 a week easily.
I work about 55 hours a week, i totally enjoy my job, the money i earn provides me and my family with all the things we need and a bit more, i am a qualified service engineer, and left my job of 20k a year plus company car, 9 - 4.30 monday - friday job, simply because i want a job, where if i wish, i can put the extra effort in, do the hours and earn the cash. I earn £8 an hour basic, £2.40 on top of that for night rate (i star at 18.00 so i earn £10.40 an hour) i get time and a half after 8 hours, £12 on a saturday and £15 on a sunday.
Im completely satisfied with my wages and the job.
Oh and im not on agecny.

You want to think yourself very lucky Gurner earning that sort of money, and having only just passed your test.

Come to South Wales and see if you could earn that money.

The pay is ■■■■■ and the hours are long and unless things improve very soon I could be that man serving you a burger.

Wayne.

We have an outbase in cardiff, pay is the same, infact, we have a fair few drivers that come from wales and stay in digs for the week.

Gurner:
We have an outbase in cardiff, pay is the same, infact, we have a fair few drivers that come from wales and stay in digs for the week.

Are there any jobs running out from Cardiff, staying in digs is no good for me with a young family.

Wayne.

You have PM

Gurner:
You have PM

You also. :wink:

Why am I even bothering to reply?
This is the umpteenth thread, dedicated or hijacked, regarding long hours and poor pay.

Can somebody please come up with another, more interesting topic, please, cos I am getting ssssoooooooooooooo bored, with this habitual harping on about some of us being willing to work for less than we are actually worth.

Rant over.

Kate

Kate:
Why am I even bothering to reply?
This is the umpteenth thread, dedicated or hijacked, regarding long hours and poor pay.

Can somebody please come up with another, more interesting topic, please, cos I am getting ssssoooooooooooooo bored, with this habitual harping on about some of us being willing to work for less than we are actually worth.

Rant over.

Kate

Well to me how much I am paid or not paid is a big deal and you are not forced into reading or posting on this topic.

Wayne.

:open_mouth: For Kate…why don’t you come up with a thread to discuss something you are interested in?? :wink: :wink: :wink: