Asda jobs

Saw this at Belvedere today so not sure if it’s just this site or nationwide. The advert to me reads like it’s direct employment not agency (I could be wrong). If you fancy a shot at arguably the best supermarket job give it a whirl.

Hmmm…just looked on the quoted website, nothing there :confused:

RIPPER:
Hmmm…just looked on the quoted website, nothing there :confused:

Perhaps they’re trying to convert their surplus drivers to warehouse workers? ‘Warehouse to wheels and back’ scheme?

I’d have to reject this as inherently unreliable, just based on the bad grammar:
ADSA’S

Really… ?

A company that size who relies on the barely literate to advertise availability of jobs?

Iv applied 3 times me up here in West Yorkshire and not ever got an interview,clean licence,good references and many years experience,sent in a decent well thought through application for every advert and still didn’t get in.
I’m not applying anymore as it proper gets to you when you don’t get a chance.

yorkshire terrier:
Iv applied 3 times me up here in West Yorkshire and not ever got an interview,clean licence,good references and many years experience,sent in a decent well thought through application for every advert and still didn’t get in.

Get in on…

The agency (whichever one has the contract this week) and if you keep your nose clean, they’ll ask you. I’m assuming you’re talking about Normanton right?

I apologise profusely and unreservedly for any pain or anguish felt as a result of reading my o/p. I can assure that it was not my aim to cause offence and I request that anyone affected by any issues raised does not hesitate to call the freephone number listed below. Our trained team of counsellors are on hand day and night to help.

As for myself I shall scurry off and self flagellate with a scented bootlace.

yourhavingalarf:

yorkshire terrier:

Get in on…

The agency (whichever one has the contract this week) and if you keep your nose clean, they’ll ask you. I’m assuming you’re talking about Normanton right?

Yes normanton,the problem is as much as I want a job there I don’t want to risk leaving my current job which is good for an agency,and thing is if Iv been overlooked 3 times I think it must it’s just not meant to be.

the maoster:
As for myself I shall scurry off and self flagellate with a scented bootlace.

SNORT!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Yes, I am still around and watching you all…)

yorkshire terrier:
Yes normanton,the problem is as much as I want a job there I don’t want to risk leaving my current job which is good for an agency,and thing is if Iv been overlooked 3 times I think it must it’s just not meant to be.

Point taken…

I wouldn’t be considering moving anywhere until this C19 mess sorts itself out.

If was looking for full time supermarkets, I’d go for Morrisons at J41. There was much less hoop jumping and ‘colleague business’ than Asda at Normy. Plus, Morrisons was drive to where ever, they tip whilst you snooze or sit in the canteen or go shopping and then go back for your afternoon run. Asda just seemed to make things difficult at Normy. Mind you, all this is a long time ago and things will have chnaged.

yourhavingalarf:

yorkshire terrier:

Point taken…

If was looking for full time supermarkets, I’d go for Morrisons at J41. There was much less hoop jumping and ‘colleague business’ than Asda at Normy. Plus, Morrisons was drive to where ever, they tip whilst you snooze or sit in the canteen or go shopping and then go back for your afternoon run. Asda just seemed to make things difficult at Normy. Mind you, all this is a long time ago and things will have chnaged.

Morrisons is wincanton now,I could literally walk there too but they never advertised it was all agency when they were short ,I knew loads of lads that really wanted to get on there so went through agency but didn’t get on full time but they kept the biggest ■■■■■■ ever who is still there been a down right awkward sod at every opportunity.
I just get my head down and all these so called “top” jobs just seem to pass me by

Zac_A:
I’d have to reject this as inherently unreliable, just based on the bad grammar:
ADSA’S

Really… ?

A company that size who relies on the barely literate to advertise availability of jobs?

:open_mouth:
Correction: Barely literate in English as first language… C’mon - Could YOU turn up in some random foreign city, and be expected to knock together a job ad aimed at locals based around your lack of fluency in that random overseas language? :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

(They won’t lure the likes of me in there with a crappy “Any five from seven” agency contract, nor a full time same neither, come to that.)

Having paid the price of falling on my arse hard already,
… in future I’ll try and negotiate my own contracts, or at least pick and choose between the 99 that I won’t want and pick up the 100th that works for me… I only need one job, hopefully… at least one that pays the bills.

Enough of the “Competetive Pay” bull. Quote the lowest and highest rates paid, rather than an undefined range.
Enough of the “any five from seven” - What’s wrong with “Four on Four Off, Full Time” or simply “a particular four 10-12 hour shifts per week”, rather than this “can’t plan your private life ahead on ANY week” rubbish?
You see this defined in TRAMPER adverts - so why not for regular domestic driving work as well?
Money’s OK for a younger one to start up with here… https://www.indeed.co.uk/Lgv-Driver-jobs-in-Kent?vjk=ff5b2371979cd552

Let’s hope that enough drivers won’t be going back to agency now - that firms will reluctantly have to offer decent full time contracts rather than this pretending they are full time when in fact they are still AGENCY jobs most likely…

as said above, “The clue is in the Bad Grammar”.
If you want experience, or Native Workers, or Clean Licences - you’ll just offer the big bucks, and do a proper training induction for full timers seeking employment. Induction NOT “Assessment”. You’ve got your clean licence already - you just need to be taught how to use it here at your new workplace!
If “Any bum on a seat” will do on the other hand, - then they can consolidate their position working for £9ph, with firms finally waking up and smelling the coffee when they realize their insurances keep going up and up due to the higher number of claims for damages made against the firm’s kit.

If you pay peanuts, you’ll always end up with Monkeys eventually.

the maoster:
Saw this at Belvedere today so not sure if it’s just this site or nationwide. The advert to me reads like it’s direct employment not agency (I could be wrong). If you fancy a shot at arguably the best supermarket job give it a whirl.

I spotted that Tuesday when I was there and thought it strange advertising in the goods in window for drivers as more than likely the drivers who deliver there probably won’t be overly local. The job would be with Asda not agency.

yorkshire terrier:

yourhavingalarf:

yorkshire terrier:

Point taken…

Morrisons is wincanton now,I could literally walk there too but they never advertised it was all agency when they were short ,I knew loads of lads that really wanted to get on there so went through agency but didn’t get on full time but they kept the biggest ■■■■■■ ever who is still there been a down right awkward sod at every opportunity.
I just get my head down and all these so called “top” jobs just seem to pass me by

You won’t get in either Asda or Morries at Wakefield unless you’re long term agency with a good record. ADR Network does Morries but dunno about Asda. Morries job has apparently gone to rats since Wincanton got in. No surprises there, though.

Was talking to a gist driver the other day.
He jacked Morrisons when wancanton took over.

It seems nuts all this “Outsourcing” that still tries to go on, despite the sea change brought on by the lockdown…

Mind you, are full timers any better off at the moment, being side-stepped into different depots and all to one’s usual workplace?

It would be horrible as a full timer to be told “Commute to this alternative workplace 50+ miles away, or you’ve made yourself redundant - no money.”

bald bloke:

the maoster:

I spotted that Tuesday when I was there and thought it strange advertising in the goods in window for drivers as more than likely the drivers who deliver there probably won’t be overly local. The job would be with Asda not agency.

Tesco often advertise driver “opportunities” in their RDC goods in waiting areas.

R420:

yorkshire terrier:

yourhavingalarf:

yorkshire terrier:

Point taken…

You won’t get in either Asda or Morries at Wakefield unless you’re long term agency with a good record. ADR Network does Morries but dunno about Asda. Morries job has apparently gone to rats since Wincanton got in. No surprises there, though.

The cdc has advertised 3 times in last 2 years and Iv applied all 3 times and not got a look in,the xdc at south elmsall also advertised I applied and got an offer of interview but the shift pattern was horrific and I mean horrific…

yorkshire terrier:
The cdc has advertised 3 times in last 2 years and Iv applied all 3 times and not got a look in,the xdc at south elmsall also advertised I applied and got an offer of interview but the shift pattern was horrific and I mean horrific…

Regardless of any job ads you see posted, you won’t get in Asda without being long term agency. You are wasting your time applying direct.