What are you doing to stay occupied while furloughed?

For those of you who are at home and furloughed, once the novelty of being sat at home for the 1st week stuffing yourself with food and beer has worn off and your starting to experience cabin fever, how are you occupying your time?

I’m managing to get out, I leave the car at home and walk to get essentials so instead of driving 25 miles a day, I’ve probably done less than 25 miles in the whole time I have been off, this morning I got up early & walked 4 miles and did my 10K steps before 8:30, The idea was to get up early enough to avoid people who are out to walk the dog and going to get a newspaper etc.
Where I live there’s a large neglected communal garden with a large lawn & the edges are slightly overrun by brambles etc so I’ve spent a few hours this weekend chopping the brambles down, and clearing some space. There’s also a few mature trees and a stream at the bottom of the garden so I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to put up a hammock in the trees while it’s sunny and read a little, My diet has improved greatly with fresh food, regular healthy meals and I’m not grazing or eating junk. I’m also trying to improve my Portuguese language skills by using a couple of apps. I’d also like to build a cinder block pit BBQ that myself and the neighbours can use once the restrictions are lifted to build on the community spirit that being shown to one another atm

Bloke next door did the picket fence

5E6B98A6-2D09-4C27-83E9-98379E4A326D.jpeg

I was dreading it, but now done first week and kept busy.

Getting up not as early but still sensible, doing odd maintenance jobs around the house that I’ve been not looking forward to for ages - painting a shed, staining garden furniture and got a garage door to paint amongst a few other things.

I’ve been promoted to cook, so am doing dinners and shopping for 5.

Also getting out on my push bike trying to stay fit / get fitter and doing 10-15 miles a day.
I’ve also been learning German on Duolingo for sometime so I am aiming to finish the course before I go back to work. I decided that I wouldn’t sit down and watch telly until the evenings as I usually would and to not stuff my face with food whilst off. I think trying to maintain some sort of routine is good.

im not laid off,( i refuse to copy the media and use the furloughed word).
every day is a sunday.
long lie in,tinterweb to keep tabs on whats buying and selling ect,build another campervan if its dry,go for a nice drive once or twice a week and combine getting the messages into a 100 miles sunday run choking the ozone layer with some dirty diesel,get grubbed up and then couch potato with pirated films and non live tv programs for the rest of the night.
i get on great with my misses and if you cant take 24/7 confinement with yours, then your with the wrong woman.
ive several chores lined up but as total lethargy creeps up on us then get a round one of these for future use…

covid is a win win win all round for me sofar. :slight_smile:

A ROUND TUIT.jpg

Bloke next door ( furloughed) has jet washed my patio today

Frap frap frap frap frap frap fraaaaap, kleenex.

Rinse, repeat.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

dozy:

Are you sure he ain’t spraying the front patio of Mrs Dozy and eating prime steak dinner while you are in a lay-by eating pot noodles and oranges??

Nothing has changed for me, still at work as usual, only difference being I’m out on my own everyday.

BossHogg:
Nothing has changed for me, still at work as usual, only difference being I’m out on my own everyday.

First nail in the coffin Boss. As you work for a company staffed by pencil necked beancounters you know that when this is over they’re going to be asking the question as to why they should double man when it worked so well when only paying 50% of the wages per vehicl single manning.

the maoster:

BossHogg:

First nail in the coffin Boss. As you work for a company staffed by pencil necked beancounters you know that when this is over they’re going to be asking the question as to why they should double man when it worked so well when only paying 50% of the wages per vehicle single manning.

We’ve had single crew trained officers for a few years now. Double crewers are still restricted to what they can do, the company is complying with social distancing guidelines.

Been off a week now. :neutral_face:
I ain’t gonna come out with the usual ‘Itching to be back’’ / ‘‘bored sat at home,’’ /missing the job ■■■■■■■■, on the contrary in fact.
Walked about 5 miles every day, decorated the living room, decorated the hall and staircase, done the front garden.
Tomorrow pressure washing the decking and finishing the back garden that my boy started today, so getting it ready for a barbie and a few beers over the Easter weekend hopefully if weather is nice :sunglasses: ( no guests btw sticking to the guide rules like a good lad, so just me my wife and youngest lad.)

Delivered shopping to my parents and a favourite Auntie, both about 10 miles away.

In between times re.watching first 2 series of ‘Seal Team’ and a thriller series called ‘The Tunnel’… (both reccomend worth watching btw) and the odd episode of ‘Modern Family’ :smiley:

Trucknet, You tube, phoning or texting mates who are still working, facetiming my 2 daughters, and kids and eldest lad and his kids.

Viewing the depraved whats apps sent to me by Maoster and a few other mates (his are the most ■■■■ dodgy btw :open_mouth: :laughing: ) … and generally putting a positive spin on a crap situation.

If I’m honest I’m quite enjoying being at home for a change, and sampling the life of a Giroman, or even a bloke with a proper normal job.

If I could afford it I’d jack tomorrow and would not give a ■■■■ if I never saw another ■■■■ truck again.

Don’t drag me into your depravity! :imp: I’m merely forwarding on those shocking clips as you assured me that you would dispose of them securely, thus making the world a better place!

peirre:

dozy:

Are you sure he ain’t spraying the front patio of Mrs Dozy and eating prime steak dinner while you are in a lay-by eating pot noodles and oranges??

She’s nhs so she’s at work more than me at moment , 7 days a week , I gave him a case of beer for doing picket fence , so I’m guessing he’s hoping for 1 for every job he does

Daily exersice, bike rides, hiit, etc. Pressure washed the decking ready to paint. Improving my cooking skills, shopping, washing and general housework. Bit of tv inbetween. I can always find things to do

Back out walking early to avoid the crowds today and I’m finding it easier to walk further, and further, first adventure I did 7000 steps, then 9000+ etc now I’m up to 11,000 steps and the joint aches I was initially getting are gone.
The TV is limited to evening times as all the Coronavirus news reports are becoming depressed. So when I am home the radio or music is playing

dozy:
I gave him a case of beer for doing picket fence

You should have given him a case of coke cola then it wouldn’t have cost you anything :laughing:

peirre:
Back out walking early to avoid the crowds today and I’m finding it easier to walk further, and further, first adventure I did 7000 steps, then 9000+ etc now I’m up to 11,000 steps and the joint aches I was initially getting are gone.
The TV is limited to evening times as all the Coronavirus news reports are becoming depressed. So when I am home the radio or music is playing

dozy:

You should have given him a case of coke cola then it wouldn’t have cost you anything :laughing:

I’m glad your getting Healthy with this furloughing , all this free food & drinks is doing no
Good to my waist line , if I see another sausage sarnie , bacon etc I think I’ll be sick , but then again I’ll be passing rugby in a few hours & it’s free , why not , just got to
Remember to do trousers up when getting out cab

dozy:

peirre:

dozy:

You should have given him a case of coke cola then it wouldn’t have cost you anything [emoji38]

I’m glad your getting Healthy with this furloughing , all this free food & drinks is doing no
Good to my waist line , if I see another sausage sarnie , bacon etc I think I’ll be sick , but then again I’ll be passing rugby in a few hours & it’s free , why not , just got to
Remember to do trousers up when getting out cab

Feel your pain dozy, get yourself a belt then you can leave that button undone [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

robroy:
I ain’t gonna come out with the usual ‘Itching to be back’’ / ‘‘bored sat at home,’’ /missing the job ■■■■■■■■, on the contrary in fact.
Walked about 5 miles every day, decorated the living room, decorated the hall and staircase, done the front garden.
Tomorrow pressure washing the decking and finishing the back garden that my boy started today, so getting it ready for a barbie and a few beers over the Easter weekend hopefully if weather is nice :sunglasses: ( no guests btw sticking to the guide rules like a good lad, so just me my wife and youngest lad.)

Delivered shopping to my parents and a favourite Auntie, both about 10 miles away.

In between times re.watching first 2 series of ‘Seal Team’ and a thriller series called ‘The Tunnel’… (both reccomend worth watching btw) and the odd episode of ‘Modern Family’ :smiley:

Trucknet, You tube, phoning or texting mates who are still working, facetiming my 2 daughters, and kids and eldest lad and his kids.

Viewing the depraved whats apps sent to me by Maoster and a few other mates (his are the most [zb] dodgy btw :open_mouth: :laughing: ) … and generally putting a positive spin on a crap situation.

If I’m honest I’m quite enjoying being at home for a change, and sampling the life of a Giroman, or even a bloke with a proper normal job.

If I could afford it I’d jack tomorrow and would not give a [zb] if I never saw another [zb] truck again.

You don’t want to come back rob , these planners are having a
Field day with these new hours

Another early morning stroll and a little bit further each time (13,000 steps today), my coffee table is now my temporary weight bench so I can do my bench pressing, and I also do a kettlebell workout a couple of days a week

dozy:
I’m glad your getting Healthy with this furloughing , all this free food & drinks is doing no Good to my waist line , if I see another sausage sarnie , bacon etc I think I’ll be sick , but then again I’ll be passing rugby in a few hours & it’s free , why not , just got to Remember to do trousers up when getting out cab

You’ll be heading to heart attack territory with a diet like that, but since you are well fed at least you won’t be able to eat that steak dinner that your neighbour having while you’re away :laughing:

dozy:

robroy:

Viewing the depraved whats apps sent to me by Maoster and a few other mates (his are the most [zb] dodgy btw :open_mouth: :laughing: ) … and generally putting a positive spin on a crap situation.

If I could afford it I’d jack tomorrow and would not give a [zb] if I never saw another [zb] truck again.

You don’t want to come back rob , these planners are having a
Field day with these new hours

So they’ve made them compulsory now eh doze ? :unamused:
If you said you were sticking to the usual rules only, because you were already maxing out and finding them more than enough in terms of driver fatigue, there is absolutely ■■■■ all they can do.
Then if they keep pressuring you to adhere, tell them you’ll put your pov in a text to them, and to put theirs to you also in a text, and you will then fully comply…
I’ll guarantee that txt will not arrive.