Border checks

As i was driving around last week it got me thinking.

Are the truck drivers that are coming in from mainland Europe being checked for the virus or even the symptoms?

I guess not but couldn’t the authorities say that the trailers have to ship over unaccompanied?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
As i was driving around last week it got me thinking.

Are the truck drivers that are coming in from mainland Europe being checked for the virus or even the symptoms?

I guess not but couldn’t the authorities say that the trailers have to ship over unaccompanied?

Is there a real difference now in going from Le Havre into Portsmouth or from Southampton into Portsmouth?
Months ago, when flights from Italy were landing at Heathrow, there may well have been a good case for checks, but `tis too late for that now, surely?

I dunno as I’m still seeing trucks from all over Europe and beyond and i don’t know what the situation is in those countries??

I can say that the Hampshire borders are clear of checks…[emoji106][emoji106]

polytrotter:
I dunno as I’m still seeing trucks from all over Europe and beyond and i don’t know what the situation is in those countries??

I can say that the Hampshire borders are clear of checks…[emoji106][emoji106]

Covid 19 is all over Europe. Some had it before us, so have more cases now. If some countries currently have more victims than us, don`t worry too much, as we will soon catch up!
Any real purpose to closing the borders has long passed, I think.
Has it reached the I.o.W. yet?
Has the new century reached there yet?

We’re under lock down at home but free movement for the rest of the world.

Carryfast:

Free movement for the rest of the world ■■?
Are you including Europe in that assumption, cos I can assure you that here in France it is “lock down”
and you’ll find it’s far stricter here than it is in the UK .

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

Are you including Europe in that assumption, cos I can assure you that here in France it is “lock down”

Don’t know about Europe but I just meant in the home.But as far as I know still no lockdown of airports here.While people on here are saying that Euro trucks are working as usual ?.So a driver running through Italy or Spain regularly is obviously going to be exposed to a lot of infection risk.France now relatively bad too ?.Then liable to spreading that here if he catches it there within the incubation and infectous period when nothing shows.

While at the end of the day the lockdown isn’t to save lives or make any difference to how many get this.It’s to slow down the ‘rate’ of transmissions to a manageable level ( and possibly to hide the reality of a possible unrecoverable WMD attack from the public for as long as possible ).

The virus won’t just go away it will stay with whoever has it and will transmit to the same amount of others sooner or later.There are only two types of people those who’ve got it and those who’ve yet to get it.Then after that those who survive as carriers and probably infectious and open to reinfection or those those who are dead.
It seems no antibodies no immunity.It might as well be from a different planet.
I guess they think that a few thousand moving across the borders and airports won’t make much difference, because they can’t transmit enough of it to worry about, to a locked down population, and vice versa.

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

Shhhhh…

You’ll spend all day now being told how wrong your are, even though you’re living in it.

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

Belgium just the same as France. Far more stricter than the UK.

Also our lockdown started 10 days before the UK’s did.

My mate who lives just north of Benidorm got fined €100 yesterday for being outside his garden painting his front wall, so yes, other countries certainly are enforcing the lock down.

toonsy:

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

Shhhhh…

You’ll spend all day now being told how wrong your are, even though you’re living in it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

Don’t know about Europe but I just meant in the home.But as far as I know still no lockdown of airports here.While people on here are saying that Euro trucks are working as usual ?

.So a driver running through Italy or Spain regularly is obviously going to be exposed to a lot of infection risk.France now relatively bad too ?.Then liable to spreading that here if he catches it there within the incubation and infectous period when nothing shows.

While at the end of the day the lockdown isn’t to save lives or make any difference to how many get this.It’s to slow down the ‘rate’ of transmissions to a manageable level ( and possibly to hide the reality of a possible unrecoverable WMD attack from the public for as long as possible ).

The virus won’t just go away it will stay with whoever has it and will transmit to the same amount of others sooner or later.There are only two types of people those who’ve got it and those who’ve yet to get it.Then after that those who survive as carriers and probably infectious and open to reinfection or those those who are dead.
It seems no antibodies no immunity.It might as well be from a different planet.
I guess they think that a few thousand moving across the borders and airports won’t make much difference, because they can’t transmit enough of it to worry about, to a locked down population, and vice versa.

I’m on the ferry tomorrow morning, I’ll try and keep my germs to myself :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :neutral_face: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im well aware how much of a joke the border between northern ireland and southern ireland is,but just now theres guards on the south side,and psni on the north side stopping the cars.
where are you going?
why are you going there?
your journey is not essential so do a u turn and sod off home again as your not coming into this country. ( this applies to both countrys)

You can go via the channel in a rubber boat no checks get half way you change to a water taxi RNLI or Boarder farce

There isnt a virus its the flu.

Bbc said “The European Union risks failing as a project in the crisis, Italy’s PM tells the BBC”

Leys all look forward to a a free trade europe owned by the US and UK.

Lovely.

cgscott:

Bbc said “The European Union risks failing as a project in the crisis, Italy’s PM tells the BBC”

Lovely.

THE FLU IS A VIRUS . OMG . :unamused:

jakethesnake:

cgscott:

Lovely.

THE FLU IS A VIRUS . OMG . :unamused:

Have to agree with you.

What it really is,is a multiple bird with one stone project,economic reset principally,mandatory vaccine coming down the pike,5g rollout and a side order of mass fearathon,divide n rule type thing,■■■■■■■■■ grassing up others.Make no bones about it,the cabals tanks are truly parked on the collective lawn.

Oh look,bang on queue, The Times rolls out it’s go-to, arch-exemplar of carefully reasoned bromides for his ds paymasters,David Aaranovitch “check the size of my intellect” machine tooled toshathon bogging us down in the recesses of his/it’s Oxbridge engineered left brained miasma.A man designed to savage any so called conspiracy before it starts gaining any traction,while at the same time,writing and profiting from a book he authored about such matters a few years ago.I loathe this creep.

Good website recco…(Is a c…t)…crude title,good site.