Drivers exempt from self isolating

Drivers returning to the UK under the new laws of anyone entering back into the UK from abroad have to self isolate for 14 days. Except medical professions and drivers in order not to disrupt either of these two essential services. So now Driving is actually been recognised on a positive note.

That’ll just give the bosses cart blanch permission to run drivers 2-3 month out and call it self isolation

Is it for trade reasons why the government have said that all travellers inbound to the uk have to self-isolate for 14days, except those from France, did i hear this recently??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I thought it was only political advisers who were exempt :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

peirre:
That’ll just give the bosses cart blanch permission to run drivers 2-3 month out and call it self isolation

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Quite funny when it’s written by someone called Peirre!

I know it’s not the quickest way but why not simply send the loads on unaccompanied trailers? Except for the illegals in the back, there’s no needs for drivers to cross borders

I have written to CM and my MP suggesting just that. UK haulage is on it’s knees with hauliers going broke at an alarming rate. So why we’re allowing foreign drivers in is a mystery. It’s not as though they abide by cabotage rules when they’re here. And, of course, the risk of Covid spread.

Unaccompanied trailers picked up by British trucks with UK resident drivers is the way forward. Time to support our domestic industry, get trucks working and things will only get better.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve heard quite a few people now saying that vjrders should be shut. That horse has well and truly bolted.

Like the old “foreigners bringing in Coronavirus” that I’ve seen thrown about. Has anyone seen our figures? By most indices we’re the worst place in Europe. Those foreigners probably aren’t best please about being sent here to work.

Still it does at least mean that my continental stuff is running again. Quite looking forward to going to somewhere safer than the UK.

There was something on TV about the way the virus mutates slightly when it is passed from person to person, which enabled scientists to track its path. If the information about the route the virus took was correct it was shocking to be told how easy it got into the Uk. The timing of the outbreak couldn’t have been worse. Brits skiing in Italy at the start of the outbreak there where the main cause of the bring the infection into the UK. It had jumped across Asia to Eastern Europe, hit Italy and crossed Western Europe as quick as easyJet and Ryanair etc could fill their planes.
Meanwhile a slightly milder strain jumped across the Pacific to west coast America thanks to the Chinese and asian communities returning from Chinese New Year etc, however the more deadly strain from Europe hit the American east coast a week or so later.
The rest is history…