Disgusted with UK over foreign drivers at border

The French open the border last night and those drivers need a flow test
Are they getting that test :question: - 12 hours later and it seems NO :open_mouth:

How come testing was not started yesterday so when the border was opened they could go :question: - answer is that the UK cannot get its act together

I really feel for these drivers and their families

Test kits have been shipped down there but the French have said the the test must be completed within 72 hours of travelling hopefully no one will still be there in 72 hours time.
Came of the train this morning and at the Stop24 junction they were moving coaches and minibuses towards the port as this was at 02.30 I’m assuming that the people in those vehicles had all been tested prior to the border opening.
The coaches and minibuses will probably take priority over the freight although you have to ask why are these people travelling at all?

Probably French nationals trying to get home - just a thought.

bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4848

Let’s get this right are they saying that it’s our responsibility to check them going out.As opposed to France’s responsibility to check them when leaving France and when re entering France.
It was France that had this variant first and it’s obviously France which sent it here.
All moot anyway.When the thing is at its most infectious during incubation and clear today or yesterday doesn’t mean clear today or tomorrow.
Sounds like you’re falling for the Brit bashing propaganda.

Socketset:
Probably French nationals trying to get home - just a thought.

In Romainian and Bulgarian buses?

Well the French were insisting on a PCR test and not the flow test. PCR takes longer, so I guess the gvt couldn’t commit until an agreement was reached.

It’s nothing to do with covid, just macron wants to be the big I am over brexit. Simple and using the drivers as pawns in his game.

Sorry ROG i fail to see how the foreign drivers trapped in the UK because a Foreign border has been closed is our fault.
If them countries wanted there citizens home for Christmas they would have ensured a supply of tests/procedures were in place to achieve it for when they decided to re-open their border.

We shouldn’t pander to these idiots throwing their teddy out the pram to try and prove a point.

Like wise the British Government should be working tirelessly to get any Brits trapped in Calais home. That should be the priority…not the other way, when the border is only closed one way.

albion:
Well the French were insisting on a PCR test and not the flow test. PCR takes longer, so I guess the gvt couldn’t commit until an agreement was reached.

So once it was agreed at midnight that flow tests were ok then what the hell is the hold up in administering them :question:

SOAD:
Sorry ROG i fail to see how the foreign drivers trapped in the UK because a Foreign border has been closed is our fault.
If them countries wanted there citizens home for Christmas they would have ensured a supply of tests/procedures were in place to achieve it for when they decided to re-open their border.

We shouldn’t pander to these idiots throwing their teddy out the pram to try and prove a point.

Like wise the British Government should be working tirelessly to get any Brits trapped in Calais home. That should be the priority…not the other way, when the border is only closed one way.

Not the UK fault that border was closed but it is the UK fault on not getting testing started at midnight

SOAD:

Coming into the UK there are no problems this morning at the train not even a 5 minute wait in the lanes, 6 lorries on and away

Why should the uk jump at midnight because the French say so, who is paying for all this ? The drivers, the French, or has the uk got to cover the costs. Also do you have a magic cupboard you can pull health workers etc at midnight to do this at a moment notice. This is all down to the French nobody else, apart from China cooking it up in the first place.

Odd days:
Why should the uk jump at midnight because the French say so, who is paying for all this ? The drivers, the French, or has the uk got to cover the costs. Also do you have a magic cupboard you can pull health workers etc at midnight to do this at a moment notice. This is all down to the French nobody else, apart from China cooking it up in the first place.

I do not care who says jump and when because all that matters is getting those drivers home for Xmas

The UK knew this testing was going to happen so should have had it all in place yesterday

What I’m disgusted at is the lack of planning. Bearing in mind this is what we’ve been planning for for over four years according to our government.

Yet it was left to off duty truck drivers and charities to ensure food was available.

toonsy:
What I’m disgusted at is the lack of planning. Bearing in mind this is what we’ve been planning for for over four years according to our government.

Yet it was left to off duty truck drivers and charities to ensure food was available.

Good point - where were the toilets etc ready for the brexit queues :question:

Just wondered what happens to reply’s that don’t appear ?
Is it unless you agree with the post your not allowed to post ?

ROG:

albion:

So once it was agreed at midnight that flow tests were ok then what the hell is the hold up in administering them :question:

Maybe we should have insisted on PCR tests for all those leaving France for here.

Odd days:

France knew all about this mutation starting there in July they didn’t give a zb about sending it to us.
    Bonus points for anyone believing the Chinese government cover story including nothing to worry about no human transmission.
    Oh and it’s just a coincidence that we need the resources of Porton Down to deal with it.

Odd days:
Just wondered what happens to reply’s that don’t appear ?
Is it unless you agree with the post your not allowed to post ?

I believe you’re right there.

The phrase - could not organise a ■■■■ up in a brewery - comes to mind for the situation in Dover