Disgusted with UK over foreign drivers at border

It’s the French being french.
Has some to.do with covid…some to.do.with brexit.
Don’t know why Boris doesn’t.play the french at there own.game.

Ie insiist on everyone crossing the channel from.framce has a test 1st. But.no.
Have heard it’s random.testing in France
Maybe 1 test per 1000 people.

edd1974:
Have heard it’s random.testing in France
Maybe 1 test per 1000 people.

For those of us who live in France and work throughout Europe perhaps you could provide some tangible proof ?

Regardless of whodunnit, what I think shames this country is the disgusting way we have treated those stranded drivers. It’s no fault of theirs that they are parked up and I had expected the police, military and voluntary organisations to swing into action.

Portable toilets every hundred yards along the M20, mobile kitchens operating, distribution of water and other necessities and, above all, some organisation, enforced by the army if need be, to get those trucks onto the ferries and away.

2/10 could do better

132702908_3418353844930382_2713673060082959538_n.jpg

====================

Mod’s edit:
Language rules apply to words in pictures as well as to words that are typed.

> Santa:
> Regardless of whodunnit, what I think shames this country is the disgusting way we have treated those stranded drivers. It’s no fault of theirs that they are parked up and I had expected the police, military and voluntary organisations to swing into action.
>
> Portable toilets every hundred yards along the M20, mobile kitchens operating, distribution of water and other necessities and, above all, some organisation, enforced by the army if need be, to get those trucks onto the ferries and away.
>
> 2/10 could do better

What is shameful is the Draconian rules:

No Cooking - No Photographs + + + Smoking Rules + + + pages of don’t do’s
Made worse by schoolboy google Translate into European Languages.

If it was us there would be Hell Up

https://40ton.net/zakaz-gotowania-w-ciezarowkach-tkwiacych-na-lotnisku-anglicy-obawiaja-sie-pozaru/

It’s a shame France didn’t think about closing its border to Germany in 1940.

:neutral_face:

ROG:
I do not care who says jump and when because all that matters is getting those drivers home for Xmas

Its the companies responsibly to get their drivers home. With the way travel restrictions are going on and off, I would have been pulling any drivers back a week or more back, if I was running a company.

As for tests - don’t understand why they couldn’t have said from this date we’re going to restrict travel unless you have a test, instead of just blocking it suddenly. Oh yeah I do, the French government are a bunch of narcissists who constantly have tantrums when they aren’t centre of attention.

Should we be providing them with food, tests etc. That partly depends where the trucks are from or the French are footing the bill.

Since the majority of these trucks will be the ones running illegally under cabotage rules, often with dangerous vehicles and drivers being treated like crap, from the far flung parts of the EU. It might convince some of them (hopefully a lot) that their companies are a bunch of criminal scum and to refuse to come back unless the companies follow the law, treat them properly and give them properly road worthy vehicles.

It might be harsh on them, but if you spend most of the year living in a truck on your days off, I’d say they will be pretty well prepared. Might actually be good for their future employment.

OK portaloos are probably a requirement, although not sure I’d want to clean them afterwards.

Harry Monk:

Spot on Harry, as usual. My late father, and tens of thousands of other men from many nations went to France in summer 1944, and a great number if them remain there, in the cemeteries. The Garlic Guzzlers were VERY pleased to see them then. Especially some of the ladies (allegedly)

Old John:

Harry Monk:

Spot on Harry, as usual. My late father, and tens of thousands of other men from many nations went to France in summer 1944, and a great number if them remain there, in the cemeteries. The Garlic Guzzlers were VERY pleased to see them then. Especially some of the ladies (allegedly)

Well, of course after Agincourt and Waterloo, we never really got on.

Harry Monk:

To be fair they were quick enough to identify and create the new border of Vichy France.WW2 didn’t happen on the Riviera until the American landings surprised them and spoilt their party.

Santa:

Old John:

Harry Monk:

Well, of course after Agincourt and Waterloo, we never really got on.

Also the argument over who owns Canada and the argument at sea at Trafalgar.

While this whole charade is a Trojan Horse by Bozo agreed with his Euro mates to create the pretext to deliver the BRINO ‘deal’ that he and Cameron had planned since 2016 when their referendum stunt backfired.

Harry Monk:

Harry I normally like your posts and information, but this time …

Way out of order !!! :imp: :imp:

I don’t think the French, nor the Dutch, nor the Belgians, Polish etc, had any choice,
and if it wasn’t for that big stretch of water between England and France,

it could’ve been you too !!

In fact it probably would have been England too ,
lucky for the Brits , Adolf decided to go to Russia

And as a p.s.

It’s a shame England didn’t shut it’s borders with South Africa knowing that they had another new different strain.
worse that what you’ve got now !!

I’ll let you look for and find the info as I can’t be bothered to do it myself.
It concerns 2 people in the UK that have it and have just come from SA

I am not being racist or sexist but if all the drivers stuck around the Dover area were young Muslim women wearing face coverings with only the eyes showing, there would be an international outcry of human rights violations with Greta Thunderburger rowing across the channel with a load of food and drink supplies .
But no, the media label angry drivers as militants when their cash runs out and no data left and no food and drink except a free muesli bar from Kent Council .

Tarmaceater:
I am not being racist or sexist but if all the drivers stuck around the Dover area were young Muslim women wearing face coverings with only the eyes showing, there would be an international outcry of human rights violations with Greta Thunderburger rowing across the channel with a load of food and drink supplies .
But no, the media label angry drivers as militants when their cash runs out and no data left and no food and drink except a free muesli bar from Kent Council .

A good valid and very true point.
Never mind the burkah wearing women, there are loads of these clowns sniffing around all the young Male fighting age ‘‘refugees’’ :unamused: …like flies round ■■■■, in Calais and Dunkerque, but these guys are just drivers so who gives a ■■■■.

And did you see the driver on a one man protest who was on lying down on the ground in front of his truck , the police lifted him up and it looked like they kicked him on the ground like a dog , it was on the tv news ?

ROG:
The phrase - could not organise a ■■■■ up in a brewery - comes to mind for the situation in Dover

As does the idea that you’re intent on blaming Britain for a French mess.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Tarmaceater:
And did you see the driver on a one man protest who was on lying down on the ground in front of his truck , the police lifted him up and it looked like they kicked him on the ground like a dog , it was on the tv news ?

Hmm are you sure about that?
I did think one was going to put the boot in at one point (or God forbid kneel on his neck :smiley: ) but I think the coppers were fully aware of the tv cameras, and the guys videoing it on their phones tbh for them to do anything that could come back and bite them on the arse.

Monkey241:

ROG:
The phrase - could not organise a ■■■■ up in a brewery - comes to mind for the situation in Dover

As does the idea that you’re intent on blaming Britain for a French mess.

Err - I thought it was all of the EU that closed borders to UK :question:
The French might have started the issue but the UK did nothing for those poor drivers in regards to getting them across once they knew the border was going to open

Dear lord…where is the whiny hysteria regarding the French?

Wtf did they do to accelerate repatriation?

Ffs…they didn’t give a toss for their own or any other national.

Didn’t do anything?
Apart from mobilise the military you mean?

The ones who generally pick up all the crap that folk like you whine about.