Driving assessment gist Enfield

Evening all ,

I have a Driving assessment gist Enfield looking for any info about the day ?

Thanks guys

The assessment is a drive out for about 3 hours, after doing the usual reversing in the yard. When I did it I did about 60 miles, a mixture of town and country driving, covering A roads, Motorway and dual carriageways.
Before you go out, there’s the usual test, drivers hours and Highway Code etc. There is a pass mark you need to achieve. If you fail the test the assessment ends there.

Provided that all goes well, you then go back in for two days, which was paid when I did it through an agency. You go out with a driver on a route, with store deliveries on. On the first day, the driver shows you the procedures etc and you basically just drive and watch/help. On the second day, the other guy takes a back seat and you have to do the deliveries at each store yourself. As long as you get paid for these two days, it’s ok. I personally wouldn’t have done it for free.

After that there’s pages of stuff to sign off, SSOW and H&S etc. Pretty much what you get at most big companies these days.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the reply … so pretty standard then 3 hour drive seems long but I’m more than confident in my ability.

I’ll post with an update thanks again

Paul

Hi mate,

I just done an assessment with Gist (not same site as you though), my experience was pretty much the same as described by first reply to the thread, only my drive was about 2 hours in length. Only other info I can maybe add is :

1. My test was 50 questions covering tacho regs, wtd regs, road signs and “what should you do in this scenario”, pass mark required was 80% or above.
  2. Don’t forget to check trailer brake is on before you back the unit under the trailer as this is a fail
  3. Check the cab height indicator is set correctly before heading off

If you haven’t been for your assessment yet then best of luck mate, if you have been already then hope it went well for you

I’d be expecting a day’s pay for doing that. I was assessed by the Government in 1986 and declared fit to drive trucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

My first day class1 driving was on agency at BOC Spalding before they became Gist. Shunting and local collections with a Eaton Twin splitter ERF. Here are the keys and the radio/telephone… crack on mate!

S_pool 1985:
Hi mate,

I just done an assessment with Gist (not same site as you though), my experience was pretty much the same as described by first reply to the thread, only my drive was about 2 hours in length. Only other info I can maybe add is :

1. My test was 50 questions covering tacho regs, wtd regs, road signs and “what should you do in this scenario”, pass mark required was 80% or above.
  2. Don’t forget to check trailer brake is on before you back the unit under the trailer as this is a fail

If you haven’t been for your assessment yet then best of luck mate, if you have been already then hope it went well for you

Hi ,

My drive is tomorrow I have had many driving assessment and basically all the same thanks for them tips mind . I worked for Aldi and also car transporters class one for years but still have my doubt lol . I’ll keep you posted with how it goes !! Thanks for the post and happy trucking :sunglasses:

PaulZuna:

S_pool 1985:
Hi mate,

Hi ,

My drive is tomorrow I have had many driving assessment and basically all the same thanks for them tips mind . I worked for Aldi and also car transporters class one for years but still have my doubt lol . I’ll keep you posted with how it goes !! Thanks for the post and happy trucking :sunglasses:

I do wonder sometimes why someone who says they have lots of experience would ask a question like that then

[/quote]
Hi ,

[/quote]
I do wonder sometimes why someone who says they have lots of experience would ask a question like that then

Bigtruck3:

Simple really better to be over prepared than just the mediocre bum that turns up :sunglasses:

Hi ,

[/quote]
[/quote]

All went well … got the job seems a good place to work so fingers crossed thanks for the support guys :smiley:

PaulZuna:
All went well … got the job seems a good place to work so fingers crossed thanks for the support guys :smiley:

Well done mate :smiley: