Assesment drive - 5 mins round the block, is this right?

So, I recently went and done an assesement drive. I was expecting maybe 30 mins on the road, with a little bit of maneuvering in the car park or similar.

We literally went round the block on a private estate. done 4 right hand turns, pulled up and that was it. No maneuvers no traffic, no indicating, no junctions. Took no more than 2/3 minutes.

Is this the norm?

I could not assess a driver in that short time - 30 mins ok

The lady who done my ‘assessment’ was happy that I would only need 16hrs training. (4 days with test on Friday)

I cant help but feel they rushed it as had lessons in the same truck that day.

I had 2x1 hour assessments and drove fpr at least 45 minutes of both.

I would try elsewhere.

Your the customer and you don’t sound happy so would just walk away

She must be very confident in her instructors because that assessment wouldn’t have give her any information about your driving

I passed my class 2 in 3 lessons and passed my class 1 on 4 lessons not alot of hours.But at the end of the day its your choice were you feel comfortable for training.

My assessment drive was an hour and 15 minutes and covered a range of different types of road around Leicester.

If you’ve not already paid a load of money to them then try somewhere else.

Can anyone tell me how a EE driver gets into Stobarts truck, gets to the depot and tells the shunter he cannot reverse as this is his first time in a HGV? Furthermore when asked how he passed his test, he replied “in a classroom”.

Dr Drayman:
She must be very confident in her instructors because that assessment wouldn’t have give her any information about your driving

What makes you think she wasn’t the instructor?

Did my first driving test for B+e in Curacao (west Indies). Leave car park at police station. Took first right, 3 more right turns and back at car park. Test passed. Took less then 5 minutes.

Did you pay for the assessment? If you did no not acceptable.

However I can tell if a candidate has natural ability after doing a few turns at junctions a seeing if they have spacial awareness also how they generally handle the vehicle.

It’s better than nothing and gave you a initial general feeling if the training school is right for you.

Paul

Honestscott76:
Can anyone tell me how a EE driver gets into Stobarts truck, gets to the depot and tells the shunter he cannot reverse as this is his first time in a HGV? Furthermore when asked how he passed his test, he replied “in a classroom”.

Same way as plenty of new UK drivers can’t reverse.

my first job i went 4 miles down a dual carriageway around the roundabout and back to base… got the job 15 mins later haha

Is this an assessment for training or a job? I did my assessment for about 10 mins with one of the south coasts leading training providers, had 4 lessons and passed first time. I think it depends really, my instructor had around 30 years experience so kind of trusted him

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jonnyboat:

Dr Drayman:

What makes you think she wasn’t the instructor?

Of course I think she could be the instructor, she could just be doing the assessment too.
Either way, she’s confident in her instructors be it her self or someone else

To me this sounds like a tick in the box for offering a free assessment before lessons. I’d be looking elsewhere if it was my money…

Sent via TapaCrap