Expired Dcpc

As per the Subject

It expired yesterday.

THANK ■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I wonder if an FOI request would reveal just how many others have let it lapse.

the maoster:

Interesting. Maybe??

the maoster:

yep, me as well (aged 60) luckily through hard work and a missus 10 years younger who earns more than I could dream of as a driver. I don’t need to be in that over regulated ■■■■■■■■ of a industry I once loved… :exclamation:

m.a.n rules:

the maoster:

yep, me as well (aged 60) luckily through hard work and a missus 10 years younger who earns more than I could dream of as a driver. I don’t need to be in that over regulated [zb] of a industry I once loved… :exclamation:

What’s yer plan then bud?
Man of leisure or what? :smiley:

well, funnily enough rob i’m sat in a cottage in the middle of nowhere with the worker in your neck of the woods just off windimere watching the match.
short term I am the house husband and do 2 days a week for a family printing supplies co in their vw caddy all cash.
swmbo finishes in 5 yrs then it’s the camper van and anywhere and everywhere.happy days :smiley:

p.s I live in a ex council house that I bought after a divorce many years ago and wouldn’t swop it for the world… :slight_smile:

m.a.n rules:
well, funnily enough rob i’m sat in a cottage in the middle of nowhere with the worker in your neck of the woods just off windimere watching the match.
short term I am the house husband and do 2 days a week for a family printing supplies co in their vw caddy all cash.
swmbo finishes in 5 yrs then it’s the camper van and anywhere and everywhere.happy days :smiley:

Sounds good mate, I’d jack tomorrow if I could afford it and be able to maintain the lifestyle I’ve become accustomed to :smiley:
A couple of hols a year, meals out and a decent weekend’s social life with the Mrs, and days in the pub with mates watching the football.
But I’ll have to stick it out a while longer and put up with all the d/heads. :smiley:

Btw…This England match is becoming a bit boring now which is why I’m on here while watching it… :smiley:

Sat through five modules last week against my better judgement. I should have retired Friday night, the weekend before the old one expired. Sunday & Monday found me camped out in the Military Port at Marchwood with a container of Explosives trying to get shot of it on a ship, got home at midnight last night. I have said I will do just six months more, HGV runs out in May 2020 and i wont be renewing it.

My DCPC trainer told me that nationally around 25% of current DCPC holders were not expected to renew their entitlement by 9th September.

However, he also said that out of 500 drivers on the agency’s books, only three had not renewed.

Twoninety88:
Sat through five modules last week against my better judgement. I should have retired Friday night, the weekend before the old one expired. Sunday & Monday found me camped out in the Military Port at Marchwood with a container of Explosives trying to get shot of it on a ship, got home at midnight last night. I have said I will do just six months more, HGV runs out in May 2020 and i wont be renewing it.

yep mate mine run out in may just gone, still got the forms in the draw and when t get back off hols they will be going in the bin. bit sad as i’ve had it for 39 yrs but just cant accept the way the job has gone… :frowning:

truckerjimbo:
As per the Subject

It expired yesterday.

THANK [zb] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

m.a.n rules:
yep mate mine run out in may just gone, still got the forms in the draw and when t get back off hols they will be going in the bin. bit sad as i’ve had it for 39 yrs but just cant accept the way the job has gone… :frowning:

Me too, I have offically stop being a truck driver to drive a bus, Hell of a better work to life ratio and 13quid an hour in manchester for days. Just finished my theory and hazard perception, got my MOD 2 and $ tomorow and hopefully test next week.

I respect your choice mate, just not sure about your load the general public are hard work… :angry: :laughing:

p.s good luck with the test…

Several agency turned up at our place the other day without DCPC and expected to go out. TM checked them all though and sent them packing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

FInally gave up my HGV licences up this year after 54 years in the game…so i guess the cpc ■■■■■■■■ goes too…just finished a 2 month stint in my other home…man of leisure as they say.

stuwozere1:
Several agency turned up at our place the other day without DCPC and expected to go out. TM checked them all though and sent them packing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Boris is scrapping it

Boris wont be scrapping it. DCPC is a regular income stream for whichever Government is in, they wont slaughter their cash cow.

truckyboy:
FInally gave up my HGV licences up this year after 54 years in the game…so i guess the cpc [zb] goes too…just finished a 2 month stint in my other home…man of leisure as they say.

Bloody hell TB 54 years? :open_mouth:
You deserve a rest after that.
And don’t worry you will more than likely be replaced with some dreg with a Class 1, who will never be a ‘‘driver’’ for as long as he has a hole in his arse. :laughing:

Happy retirement, mate and keep posting.

I know of a company (not mine), who rang a driver to say “your CpC has expired” but then sent him - and another driver with an expired CPC - out on the road. Their plan later that week was not to send the drivers out but that left the one driver with a current CPC to work seven days straight.

Where is VOSA when you want them.

Any vocational driver who requires his lorry entitlement is very stupid if he has not renewed the DCPC. We all had ample warning about this.

The trouble is that lots of gullible people believed the lies told by UKIP about DCPC being done away with by Brexit.
The reality was, that was not going to happen. For instance they have the Driver CPC in Norway, which is not and never has been in the EU.
Just one example of a ‘unicorn’: a promise made by UKIP/Brexit/Conservative Party promising some impossible benefit from leaving the EU.
There will be more ‘unicorns’ to come, for sure.