Another dcpc question

Either I have missed some old news :blush: , or have been the victim of driver bull crap, so here goes.
One driver (who was backed up by his two mates) told me the dcpc takes a new format after Sept, in the form of a written exam at the end of the course, if you fail it you retake until you are successful.
If it is old news be gentle with me :laughing: , I will have missed it because whenever I hear ‘dcpc’ I normally shut off through boredom, and if it was driver b/s (which I am normally good at spotting) the fact that his two mates verified it threw me.

I did hear a rumour that is what they were planning to make it. Take that with a tipper load of salt though as you know how drivers can chat zb.

If there was such a proposal then a link to that would have been posted by now and it has not

I wonder if they are getting confused with the newish rule where those who had acquired rights but never bothered to get a DQC can now take the 2 initial tests instead of the 35 hours periodic if they wish to …

Desypete. Hes your man to answer all DCPC questions. Despite never taking a course,hes extremelly clued up on the whole proccess. He’ll know the answer :laughing:

Shut the front door Frozen chap!

What have you gone and done? You doing a bit of weekend fishing pal?

If there is an exam i hope its multiple choice,at least that way i stand a chance of passing :wink: :unamused: :laughing: :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:
Shut the front door Frozen chap!

What have you gone and done? You doing a bit of weekend fishing pal?

:laughing:
Not heard much from him lately,just want to check he’s still alive :grimacing:

Haha! A good way to make sure, is to tell him that, if he used an autobox and a satnav, he would be a far better driver.

Try that bait. Ooops, I just did.

eagerbeaver:
Haha! A good way to make sure, is to tell him that, if he used an autobox and a satnav, he would be a far better driver.

Try that bait. Ooops, I just did.

I miss him calling us all retards etc, he always liked to share his tramping habits on here, and now that he has packed in trucking, I wonder if he still ■■■■ s in a carrier bag at home, for old times sake :laughing:

Haha-good shout Robroy.

Thing is mate, I don’t mind him calling ME a ■■■■■■.

He isn’t too far out.

remember when adr came in,it was an attendance course just like the cpc,maybe training firms are talking about having exams to line there pockets…just saying

rangechange59:
remember when adr came in,it was an attendance course just like the cpc,maybe training firms are talking about having exams to line there pockets…just saying

The training providers cannot introduce exams. They can have quizzes or tests but non of them can be pass or fail unless there is a change to legislation - in which case it would be Government bringing in the exams and not the training providers. Therefore the training providers would not be lining their own pockets. The costs of the exams would go to Government.

Perhaps an exam would lower costs for the driver. A driver could just book the exam with no Training costs and if he passes all good. The current Module 2 for initial CPC is about £30 so I guess it’d be similar.

I would like to be able to confirm that no such changes are coming in, what with me running an approved training centre I would hope I would be kept informed by the DVSA but unfortunately the DVSA & JAUPT appear to prefer keeping secrets and dont tell ‘us’ anything until after it has happened and even then they lie about it.

As an example I was audited this week and ‘picked up’ for not recording certain information on the course registration forms. These are the forms that haven’t changed in 2 years. It seems DVSA have changed the rules, not told the training centres and then slap them on the wrists for non compliance. It’s happened before - they make changes but don’t tell anyone.

The DVSA now want training providers to record the name of the company the driver works for. I have asked JAUPT why this is required and was told “off the record” in a phone call (mobile to mobile so not recorded) that it ‘might’ allow the VOSA bit of DVSA to check back and see who has attended a DCPC course and failed to record it (Tacho records) and then go after the company. Sneaky ■■■■■■■ is all I can say!!

shep532:
.t’s happened before - they make changes but don’t tell anyone.

A government body make sweeping changes and dont tell the people it affets? Dont believe you. That doesnt sound like our wonderful government. :laughing: