Actros 64 plate numberplate light fault?

Annoying message on the dash about a numberplate light malfunction with change the bulb advise. Checked twice - numberplate light is on.

Wtf? Or are there two bulbs?

Also says side marker bulb out but again all lights are ok. The messages pop up and after pressing ok go. Then pop up again. Any ideas?

ive had a problem once with mercs and bulbs… apparently you can get 5w and 10w sidelight bulbs…
5w are most common but mercs used to fit 10w
so if you replaced one with a 5w the computer said bulb fault…
hope this is the right answer for your problem

Have you tried the other light cluster to see if there is a number plate light in that one. Sometimes there is a bulb in the opposite cluster in case a number plate gets fitted to that side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here’s an idea :bulb: , look in that thick book with the picture of an Actros on it that’s stuff in the cab some where :wink:

Could be a dirty/corroded contact in the bulb holder(s) concerned.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Let us know the outcome please

Ours throw up all kinds of bulb warning, especially if the sidelights are on when the lecky gets plugged when (horror of horrors) I have to swap a trailer!

The bulb will blow in the near future. I once questioned the same warnings back in the days when I had an Actros inflicted on me and was told by a "technician " that it’s because the resistance is changing prior to the bulb blowing and the computer recognises that.

Could be a load of ■■■■■■■■ as far as I know but it always happened that the offending bulb did in fact soon stop working.

Priest:
Annoying message on the dash about a numberplate light malfunction with change the bulb advise. Checked twice - numberplate light is on.

Also says side marker bulb out but again all lights are ok. The messages pop up and after pressing ok go. Then pop up again. Any ideas?

Your not saying
Ridged
Tractor unit or trailer

nick2008:

Priest:

Your not saying
Ridged
Tractor unit or trailer

Fair point, actros tractor unit.

I definitely dont have the light on another cluster, so one less thing to worry about.

As they say thoughts materialise - after posting the warning poped up only once…

Will have a look at the bilbs tomorrow or next week.

Cheers for sound advices fellas

Priest:

nick2008:

Priest:

Your not saying
Ridged
Tractor unit or trailer

Fair point, actros tractor unit.

I definitely dont have the light on another cluster, so one less thing to worry about.

As they say thoughts materialise - after posting the warning poped up only once…

Will have a look at the bilbs tomorrow or next week.

Cheers for sound advices fellas

There’s 2 bulbs I think you take off the lens then take out something else and the bulbs are behind that

the maoster:
The bulb will blow in the near future. I once questioned the same warnings back in the days when I had an Actros inflicted on me and was told by a "technician " that it’s because the resistance is changing prior to the bulb blowing and the computer recognises that.

Could be a load of ■■■■■■■■ as far as I know but it always happened that the offending bulb did in fact soon stop working.

This. Gone the next day

^^^^^^^ Excellent. Do I win a prize for that? Please don’t say your old bulb! :smiley:

Trukkertone:
ive had a problem once with mercs and bulbs… apparently you can get 5w and 10w sidelight bulbs…
5w are most common but mercs used to fit 10w
so if you replaced one with a 5w the computer said bulb fault…
hope this is the right answer for your problem

This is a common fault. ■■■■ Actros I hate them

the maoster:
^^^^^^^ Excellent. Do I win a prize for that? Please don’t say your old bulb! :smiley:

I can send flowers haha :grimacing: