Mercedes actros l.e.d

I have fitted 2 White LEDs into the sidelights of my 07 actros and I have only just noticed that when the lights r turned off with the engine running the lights flash you can’t really notice it in the day but is there anyway I can stop them flashing besides removing them or with out havin sidelights on all day ?

the merc’s computer really don’t like led lights, could probably be sorted by some techno geezer.

used to have blue ones on the steps and the inside of the doors and they did the same, something to do with different resistance to normal bulbs?

Are they replacement bulb types or self fitted without resisters? Its to do with the current going to them, did you get 24v ones? LED’s are usually good for multiple voltages but not so much the cheap ■■■ ones

They are just 24v cap less led bulbs, got them from lymm, av only noticed the bulbs flashin today tho, wen I switch the truck off they stop after about 10 secs

mark h:
They are just 24v cap less led bulbs, got them from lymm, av only noticed the bulbs flashin today tho, wen I switch the truck off they stop after about 10 secs

Always thought you sounded a bit flashy Mark. :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe its some sort of morse code special feature to let other gays know that you are up for action, usually these led bulbs are only fitted to scanias.

need to fit some resistors inline then…due to the can bus wiring in the newer mercs same happens with sprinters…cant remember what resistors i fitted when i had my sprinter but think it was 5 watt but that was on 12volt system so 24volt may be a higher resistor needed.

I don’t think there is much you can do about it- adding resistors as suggested could work but for 10 secs of shutdown flashing is it worth it ?
Whats happening is the truck still has some current running around - likely doing a systems check on shutdown- this current is enough to power up the leds, the current pulses around which is why the leds flash.
You will probably find they will do the same when you start up the engine, the ecu will pulse a current around the vehicle doing an electronics check, this will also make your leds flash until the check is complete.
If you want super white sides without the flashing leds then it couls be possible someone will sell normal wedge caps pumped with gas to make them superwhite and not that horrible yellow glow.
Might have to trawl the bay. Mtec do them for cars.

They flash when the truck is running, I might just try and get the gas bulbs as suggested I have been running with my sidelights on till I come up with an idea or just fit the standard bulbs back in

Merc do everything different Mark. They send a pulse feed where others send a constant current. You’d be better off putting the standard bullb’s back in.