Reversing lights problem

Hi Guys we have a an issue with the reversing lights with our new truck. It’s a new actros and we can’t get the trailer reverse lights to work with it. The trailer lights work fine coupled up to our Scania and Volvo. We have checked the suzie and power is getting up to the trailer. We think the problem may be that there are 6 lights for reversing as we go to a lot of farms and need the light. Pretty basic spots 2 each side of the trailer and the usual ones in the rear light cluster. Any thoughts cheers?

Probably is just too many lights. Try disconnecting some of them one at a time, just pop out the bulbs. You might have to go to neutral and back into reverse to reset it.

Had this problem with a stralis not wantin to light the park lights on a trailer because the interior lights were wired in. Had to put a relay in for each wire in the suzie. Pain in the ■■■

Yep cheers mate we disconnected 2 of them still no joy I think we will try all of them off tomorrow just leave the standard rear ones on. We will call Merc as well. Strange though work fine on 63 plate Volvo and a 60 plate Scania

If it works with one or 2 of them you could replace the 6 with led lamps. They will draw less amps than the bulb type

You may come across a problem with LED bulbs, I upgraded some in my Merc C-Class and it put the 'Bulb inop’light on, you will have to get canbus complient bulbs so they don’t trigger the bulb warning light on the dash, knowing Mercedes its probably the same on commercials.Best of luck.

I agree with the relay idea, it sounds like it doesn’t like the current draw. Modern motors eh :unamused:

had a tail light bulb problem with an actros… one bulb blew so i replaced it with a new 5watt bulb…
it still came up with a fault on the dash… took it into workshop… they rang mercedes dealer who told us that the tail bulbs are supposed to be 12watt…
you live and learn.

put into reverse, back out and then back into reverse again should do it