Slam Transport

Slam Transport seem to be expanding very quickly seems like every corner you turn there’s a Slam Transport vehicle
they seemed to appear from nowhere and morphed into a megacarrier

Main base Coventry. Do a lot of work for Amazon.

Know a fair few EX drivers from this firm.

Anyone considering it… Just don’t.

I’m not going to make third-party allegations about a firm. But Amazon use them because they are the cheapest. Cheaper than Stobarts. Cheaper than everyone else.

They seem to park were ever there’s a space, eg laybys,grass verges, anywhere that’s free.

They pretty much just do Amazon as far as I am aware. A number of hauliers have put their eggs in the Amazon basket because of the high rates & light loads.

There banned from Crawley crossing truckstop just off j13 of m1.
No idea why. There’s a sign up on toilet door way saying slam transport are banned from this site

edd1974:
No idea why. There’s a sign up on toilet door way saying slam transport are banned from this site

pictures ?

tommymanc:

edd1974:

pictures ?

:laughing:

“oi why are you taking photos in the Mens bog?”

“uhm because some guy on the internet asked me too…”

Can’t see an issue here, what could possibly go wrong… :laughing: :laughing:

They have been going for about 4 years at least. Also have a depot in the UPS Supply Chain hub at Derby. Never used to have much in the way of livery though so they kinda flew under the radar a little.

I vaugley rember someone once saying they were banned from Crawley crossing. As they used to change trailers over and.not pay the fee.
Which I think is another money making scheme paying to swop trailers

edd1974:
I vaugley rember someone once saying they were banned from Crawley crossing. As they used to change trailers over and.not pay the fee.
Which I think is another money making scheme paying to swop trailers

Assumptions time.
Seeing where some of the park, guessing they don’t pay parking.

nsmith1180:
They have been going for about 4 years at least. Also have a depot in the UPS Supply Chain hub at Derby. Never used to have much in the way of livery though so they kinda flew under the radar a little.

I think you mean “Reynolds” Nick…they treat it as their yard:blush:

They favour EU drivers over Brits .They offer 30-40k pay,not sure if that is euros :laughing: ,but turns out the shifts are woeful …

Beetlejuice:
They favour EU drivers over Brits .They offer 30-40k pay,not sure if that is euros :laughing: ,but turns out the shifts are woeful …

Yep mainly nights/very unsociable hours.

It’s £10/hour, parking paid. You’ve to use your own phone via WhatsApp to keep in touch with office and they’ll send work through to that.

I hope they’ve got cast iron contracts because I’m sure we all know of former companies who expanded based on one stream of work…

edd1974:

The sign must have changed recently - I’m pretty sure last time I used the bogs there the notice on the door said Slam were not allowed to do trailer swaps there. I don’t think they are actually banned from site.

I’ll try to remember to have a look at it next time I fuel up there.

toonsy:

Beetlejuice:

It’s £10/hour, parking paid. You’ve to use your own phone via WhatsApp to keep in touch with office and they’ll send work through to that.

I hope they’ve got cast iron contracts because I’m sure we all know of former companies who expanded based on one stream of work…

It’s been £12 an hour for years mate…

£10 is for PAYE and £12 is for LTD company. Those rates are Mon-Fri. Rates are different for weekends

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

youngpretender88:

toonsy:

Beetlejuice:

PAYE is £10, or was when I spoke to them a few months back.

toonsy:

youngpretender88:

toonsy:

Beetlejuice:

PAYE is £10, or was when I spoke to them a few months back.

They do not pay for parking. I am not saying if that’s a bag or a good thing. But I know enough drivers to know it’s true. They have SNAP but the owner will kick off if you use it when it’s not an emergency.

Slam was my last job up until a month ago when I left the industry all together.

The pay is £12 p/h LTD and £10 p/h PAYE from 9pm Sunday to 9pm Friday.

Pay from 9pm Friday to 9pm Sunday is £15 p/h straight through.

They don’t pay parking unless you are loaded. They used to pay for Cobham but have a parking site next door to the Amazon in Weybridge now.

Most of the drivers are LTD, I went PAYE but it’s still basically a zero hours contract.
Everything is done through WhatsApp but it can be difficult to get a start time sometimes.

They do some things I don’t agree with like try to charge you for damage or call outs if you’ve run the battery down for expample.

They do leave you alone though to do the job, you’ll barely speak to the office if you just get on with things.

You can earn the money but you’ll certainly be doing 70-80odd hours a week 6 on 2 off to get it, saying that, if you don’t push to do loads of hours you’ll be parked up earlier. Some drivers drag it out to get the hours. If you don’t think you’ll do a drop in time, here’s no problem in them organising a drop and swap with another driver for you.
Scottish drivers are on 4 on 4 off.
The hours are incredibly unsociable, you’ll be working all different hours throughout the week.