Amazon Coventry

Ok…

Which one of you lot is it then?..come on…own up.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-47508347

yourhavingalarf:
Ok…

Which one of you lot is it then?..come on…own up.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-47508347

It is Slam transport.They independed company but do a lot job gor near only Amazon.

It is not just Slam who sub for Amazon .

It’s cutting a round 40 mile off the journey so why wouldn’t you…stuff the nimbys :laughing:

Is there actually a restriction? If not sat navs won’t pick it up and by the time your there not going to turn round

kcrussell25:
Is there actually a restriction? If not sat navs won’t pick it up and by the time your there not going to turn round

This is why we have eyeballs… to pick up on stuff a satnav misses :unamused:

toonsy:

kcrussell25:

This is why we have eyeballs… to pick up on stuff a satnav misses :unamused:

My point was is there an actual weight limit etc. If not the sat Nav will route there and by the sound of it the limit is close so many will just drive on through

Most of the roads they are using are fine for a truck to use. We are based about 5 miles away and use the local roads a fair bit, depending on where we are heading. We don’t do Amazon work, but with the volume of traffic heading to the site, I’m not surprised the locals have started whinging as the number of trucks in the local area must have increased 40 or 50 fold.
Sat nav merchants done help either, when they end up trying to get to it through the residential roads or housing estates and end up getting stuck because they don’t lead to it.

A grand says every one of those nimbys has an Amazon account and gushes with excitement when telling everyone how quickly it arrives after they order something.
Like all nimbys they no doubt operate under the assumption that the goods magically appear at the Amazon warehouse ready for delivery the next day.
And predictably they have shoehorned in “children are in danger” to try to justify their whinging. I’m only surprised they didn’t add in “emergency vehicles may be hindered” to complete the set

The-Snowman:
A grand says every one of those nimbys has an Amazon account and gushes with excitement when telling everyone how quickly it arrives after they order something.
Like all nimbys they no doubt operate under the assumption that the goods magically appear at the Amazon warehouse ready for delivery the next day.
And predictably they have shoehorned in “children are in danger” to try to justify their whinging. I’m only surprised they didn’t add in “emergency vehicles may be hindered” to complete the set

^^^^^^^ +1.

Confusing to say the least as there are two sections of road called Lyons Drive one is via Browns Lane (housing estate)which was the old main Reception entrance to Jaguar and backs onto the Industrial site.
The second section is via Coundon Wedge where the commercial entrance is to the Industrial Area,possibly both having the same post code.
Access for anybody interested is M6- A45 - at Allesley /Coventry slip road past the big hotel- roundabout T/L - next roundabout 2nd left onto Coundon Wedge
The article claims they are coming off at J2-3 saving 20miles …we all know that going via town centers could or will put more time on a journey instead of going the long way around but in a shorter time,considering I have lived and worked in Coventry all my life,3 years of which was Taxi driving I can`t see where they get 20 miles from.Could be stretching it a bit to make a better story.

That’s actually a horrible one to get to your first time. The satnav takes you through the houses and you come up against a locked gate just a few hundred yards from Amazon. There’s a little road on the proper route that satnavs don’t recognise for some reason, so it routes you everywhere but. Me, and most of my workmates have all had to turn around in housing estates trying to get to it.

I hear the Co-op in Coventry is the same.

ezydriver:
That’s actually a horrible one to get to your first time. The satnav takes you through the houses and you come up against a locked gate just a few hundred yards from Amazon. There’s a little road on the proper route that satnavs don’t recognise for some reason, so it routes you everywhere but. Me, and most of my workmates have all had to turn around in housing estates trying to get to it.

Depends on the satnav. My TomTom (with up to date maps), using the postcode CV5 9FA would take you straight in along the appropriate roads via Coundon Wedge as described by lolipop earlier. Cheapskates relying on Google maps on a mobile phone will be directed to a field about 2 miles away. Other satnavs would very likely attempt to reach more or less the correct location by going through the housing estate off Browns Lane.

TomTom’s online MyDrive route planner also gives the correct route and location.

ezydriver:

Co-op is on the old Coventry Colliery site and the housing estate has signs up saying no access to the Prologistic site
The entrance is Jnc 3 off the M6 -A444 to Coventry -T/R at the Richo Arena and straight up the road into the site

xichrisxi:
It’s cutting a round 40 mile off the journey so why wouldn’t you…stuff the nimbys :laughing:

It’s probably just as quick to come straight to the middle of Coventry, and then out onto the a45. Alternatively off at Junction two and around the Coventry bypass.