Working in Spain

Hello I’m enquiring as to finding work within Germany and Spain. In Spain I have a NI number as I lived there some years back but reading on here it sounds quite grim on salary and working conditions.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

Bloody immigrants, going over there, taking their jobs…

Solstar have numerous depots in Spain,head office in Gandia near Valencia,inland work and international from Barcelona, and Madrid.
Or try the fridge pack house firms from Motril,Murcia and Elche, but they hire Eastern European drivers on low pay rates.
Insight transport at Inkberrow Worcester UK have work to Spain and Gibraltar, ask for Steve Walker or Gilbert.
Nothegger transport are based in Austria and go everywhere,bulk liquid tankers and general transport.
lK Walters in Austria and Waberers in Hungary cover Spain, you could ask them just to go to Spain
And DKV .

? Doh. :blush:

Germany is a nice place to work, I used to do agency work on leave when I was based over there in the army. When you find an area you want to be based just google some of the large employers, my German was crap but still managed to get work every time.

Free movement will end on 29th march. British people lose the right to work in Spain and Germany

chrisdalott:
Free movement will end on 29th march. British people lose the right to work in Spain and Germany

Possibly.
Date may change? Or if there is a deal, and/or a transition period, etc?
But yes, it could be that free movement ends.

chrisdalott:

Will that be reciprocal?

chrisdalott:

The way it’s going won’t be this year …

the maoster:

chrisdalott:

Will that be reciprocal?

As we know, under current EU rules there is free movement of people: any EU citizen can live/work in any other EU country.
If we leave with Mrs May`s proposed deal there will be a transition period, when this will continue, for maybe up to 2022(?).
That is reciprocal.

If there is a “crash out” then, who knows? The current UK Gov and the EU have both said they wouldnt use citizens rights as bargaining chips…and we all know how valid politician`s promises are.

I dont think any responsible group really wants a "crash out", but some seem to shout about it, and seek to use it as a bargaining tool. Most agree it would be bad for the EU, but absolutely terrible for us. (Im sure some others will respond here).

Try this link:
bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887
It can be used to explain any of the aspects you are most interested in. Its dated Jan of this year, and is still pretty much up to speed. Is it biased? I believe not. Most of it is referenced and if in doubt check out: [fullfact.org/about/](https://fullfact.org/about/) That is about explaining many details of the issues involved, and shows how true figures can be used to give a slanted view of things. It wont tell you what to think, but seeing how others are using skewed logic, may get you wondering who you really can believe! (Hint: don`t. Check everything)

I worked for el mosca. 250 a week plus 10 cents kilometre. You work to the max.9 off go 11 off go 24 off go 45 off go. Run on sundays in France and Germany even when not carrying perishables. Card out tipping so the break become less than legal you start again from time card was removed. I did 3 months then quit. Covered Uk Holland Italy etc I liked the job but way too many fines. Had 14 pallets nicked from carrier I had to pay for them. ■■■■ conditions don’t bother

blueboy:
I worked for el mosca. 250 a week plus 10 cents kilometre. You work to the max.9 off go 11 off go 24 off go 45 off go. Run on sundays in France and Germany even when not carrying perishables. Card out tipping so the break become less than legal you start again from time card was removed. I did 3 months then quit. Covered Uk Holland Italy etc I liked the job but way too many fines. Had 14 pallets nicked from carrier I had to pay for them. [zb] conditions don’t bother

I assume those…

Figures are Euros as opposed to sterling? Also, were you paying the fines for things they asked you to do? ie Sunday running empty in France, did you pay that fine or did they cough for it?

I had a couple of friends who lived and worked around El Ejido and along the coast down there, they certainly weren’t running as badly as that. In fact one of them seemed to spend almost all his time in the local ‘nursing homes’. Not a ‘club’ from there to the border that he wasn’t on first name terms with the barman. :smiley:

Yes euros they paid if they said run but when stopped if police found anything else that was yours to pay. They tell you to return to work after 45 at home even if there was no load.iv sat from 5pm till 11 pm then had to start a full shift.police always pulling mosca in France and spain. My final payment should have been 500 I received nothing due to fines. You could start at 6am tip at 12 noon they sa take 9 off and start again at 9 pm and do a night shift.body doesn’t know where the hall it is. Beware of Spanish trucks crawling down the road driver has probably fallen asleep