Re-starting my fight with DVLA

Good point, David, thanks.
I did try and see somebody from C.A.B. when I first started this fight off nearly a year ago. No-one could help via phone, Heaving mass of humanity in the offices, not hanging about there. Appointments available on a Friday morning. None available, sorry.
So I binned that idea.
C.A.B. helped me BIGtime back in the 90s with a prob I had with the, then, DSS. Always had a lot of respect for em too.

But all is not lost though, I just downloaded the Document from C.A.B. to initiate a Parliamentary Ombudsman complaint against a Govt body (was wondering how to do that, tbh). I’ve already done the “Contact the MP” thang as required, so I’m full speed ahead to sending this form off later today. I wouldn’t have found that doc had it not been for your reminder, so thanks for that :slight_smile:
A BIG thanks to Neuon2003 for ALSO giving me that info a bit earlier, too.
It was a post from you, Neuon2003, that gave me a HUGE jump forward last year. The one about Army Records? That’s the only way I could prove to DVLA that I had passed my test. They had to accept it.

This is when they changed their tune from “We have no record of you passing your test and so we will not be issuing you with a Category C entitlement”
to
“Whilst we accept that you passed your HGV 2, now the Category C, in 1976, we cannot issue you withe the full entitlement because you failed to renew your licence in 1986 when they were switched over from cardboard to plastic” (Ok, I paraphrased a bit) .
Cheers mate :slight_smile:

Ahh yes, the Barrister lady. Went to their website and sent my info in for assessment. Waiting on a reply. Another avenue opened. Thanks :slight_smile:

Still not beaten.