Well thats about it then

anybody know of any international driving jobs ?

that flippin ■■■■■ :cry:

What a nightmare , whats the dvla saying regarding your licence return :question: :question:

young trucker:
What a nightmare , whats the dvla saying regarding your licence return :question: :question:

that they got such a back log there are getting to it a fast they can between going on strike etc

malcolmj:

young trucker:

that they got such a back log there are getting to it a fast they can between going on strike etc

It sounds extremely unfair that your employer won’t accept the dvla cover letter , you still hold the entitlement just not the hardcopy , and the letter I presume says as much !!

young trucker:
It sounds extremely unfair that your employer won’t accept the dvla cover letter , you still hold the entitlement just not the hardcopy , and the letter I presume says as much !!

I agree with the above.
Try phoning DVLA (yes,I know!) to get clarification if the letter you have is a legal document.I would suspect that it is.Seeing your comment that the list is endless-have you upset someone?

Trouble with the letter is I can’t see our euro mates accepting a letter in place of your licence. And I can imagine the company facing some pretty hefty fines for allowing you to drive.

I also think it’s grossly unfair that your suspended after all it’s not your fault the dvla are useless.

My mate had to renew his license,45 medical and all that,he took it to dvla on the friday and had his new license the following wednesday and that was about 3-4 weeks ago

Just being nosey, but why have they taken so long? Mine was always returned after medic check within a few days.

fit to drive :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you’re aware of this, there is a number your firm can call DVLA on to get confirmation of the status of your licence. All you need to do is give permission. As for the long delay I would have been on their case after 3/4 weeks.

Why doesn’t this surprise me?
The DVLA was set up in Swansea because of the shortage of work in that area and it seems the reason there was little work down there was mainly because they didn’t want to work in the first place! Plus they are the most bolshy [zb] under the sun. Sorry if it seems like I’m tarring all folk with the same brush and I accept that some people will be prepared to work but it never ceases to amaze me that the areas of high unemployment are usually filled with people who would feel faint at the thought of a decent days graft.
There must be some way they are legally responsible for any losses you incur as a result of their inadequacies surely?

I rang them once & wanted to know what had happened to my licence. The Welsh gal in the office forgot to blip her phone & she shouted to someone a few feet away." 'E wants tew know wots 'appened tew 'is loicence !" In a Cornish/Suffolk accent.( I’m a Southerner & thats what I sound like to a Welsh gal ) They thought it was hilarious & to be truthful ,so did I. I found a new respect for DVLA knowing there was a human heartbeat somewhere in there. :smiley:

I had to do a treadmill ECG test after I had a heart bypass, I done it last December I did not get the letter saying I failed it until this April it was another 3 or 4 weeks after that until I got my car licence back. I have retaken the treadmill test last month I am now the same as you waiting for the DVLA to get their act together. All I can get out of them is “it will be about 4 weeks” but I am thinking it will be a lot longer than that.

A mate of mine took a barium meal for a health check ,he was allergic to iodine but didn’t know & died for 3 minutes. That went on his record & always had to wait for his licence to come back. Years later the medics thought it would be a good idea to give him a barium meal - he refused & lost his HGV.

It took DVLA 6 months this year to return my licence after my yearly diabetic renewal, I had one of those covering letters as well and the old bill accepted it as a legal document as did VOSA when our company got an audit.

One thing I did was to phone the medical department to ask what was happening and got the usual ■■■■■■■■ reply about the backlog so I turned round and said that i would lose my job as i was required to travel to Europe on a new contract and needed my licence for that, lo and behold it arrived through my door 2 days later :unamused:

ask your company to ring dvla to confirm you can drive a hgv vehicle if you had a 5 yr medical and pass then you should get it back or you could go there and ask for it as you live in wales take your docs there with you and they supply you with your hgv licence i waited 8 weeks for mine the company i working for load a van to for wales i went in with my docs ie passport photo sign by doctor photo copy of hgv test cirt 2 hrs in there got my hgv licence due to digi cards been issued no appointment req good luck

thanks for all the feed back

malcolmj:
im suspended till thursday when i got a full disaplinary

Good luck for tomorrow :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

malcolmj:
been waiting for my HGV licence to be returned by the DVLA since April,had a works licence check on friday and the wont except the cover letter from the DVLA as a licence so as from today im suspended till thursday when i got a full disaplinary and the list is endless i think that they are constructing my dismissal :cry:

anybody know of any international van driving jobs till at least i get my HGV back :question:

WHTS HAPPENED MATE