Licence renewal

Hi all, quick query just received my licence renewal forms in the post, on the form it says my entitlement runs out mid Feb which is probably 5 years on from when I did medical to apply for provisional. My licence however both online and photocard have expiry date in May, am I safe to wait till then before renewing or do I need to arrange medical sharpish?

Expire date of entitlement might be different to expire of card it self. My entitlement expires in 5 years for medical ( which is normal if you over 40) but my card will expire in 10 years because of photo. Check on the back of the card when you class I expires and probably will be different for car entitlement or card it self. I probably would say do as soon as…

Ive recently renewed mine, it was due to expire 10/1 and I received the forms early December, so I did the medical etc. & decided to send it off slightly early on the 15th but post dated the forms 20th, 8 days later the new license returned with the new expiry date of the 20th. If you want to hang onto the old license while the application is being processed there is an option to keep the old license for training purposes

section 4b on the front gives the photo date expiry
on the back next to cat C will give next D4 medical expiry date

Thanks for the replies, 4b on the front and both C and CE on the back all say May 19, yet the renewal letter says Feb, wasn’t expecting it for a couple of months.

blackbart:
Thanks for the replies, 4b on the front and both C and CE on the back all say May 19, yet the renewal letter says Feb, wasn’t expecting it for a couple of months.

May it is - not Feb