Expiring license category Entitlements

Had a medical at 45…
What happens at 50 though, since I hit that later this year…?
Does anything happen renewal-wise automatically, or am I effectively disqualified on expiry day? :confused: :blush:

Winseer:
Had a medical at 45…
What happens at 50 though, since I hit that later this year…?
Does anything happen renewal-wise automatically, or am I effectively disqualified on expiry day? :confused: :blush:

Well if your entitlement expires then you can’t drive what does you licence say… Be a medical

Had my medical last year, 3months after turning 55. Officially, lost my HGV entitlement for that duration. Sailed through the medical 60 quid after a bit of shopping around. 3 weeks later, licences back and no change of entitlement.

Good luck with yours.

Or you could bypass having a medical, and change your photo on your licence, but only if you haven’t had a new/replacement licence since October 2012.

weeto:
Or you could bypass having a medical, and change your photo on your licence, but only if you haven’t had a new/replacement licence since October 2012.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106565&p=1603902

Thanks for the replies folks…
I’ve just been on the DVLA website, and it says “I cannot renew online if it’s a five-year ticket” about to expire" which it is alas. :frowning:
Dunno why my C+E entitlement is expiring this year, whereas my wagon & drag (which I’ve never done) apparently expires when I’m 70. :confused:

The DVLA number I just called managed to put me through to Scottish Power as well. :imp:
I have no idea how much the other 0843 number will cost me to call - I’m informed I’ll be “kept hanging on for ages at a premium rate”…

Winseer:
I’ve just been on the DVLA website, and it says “I cannot renew online if it’s a five-year ticket” about to expire" which it is alas. :frowning:
Dunno why my C+E entitlement is expiring this year, whereas my wagon & drag (which I’ve never done) apparently expires when I’m 70. :confused:

The DVLA number I just called managed to put me through to Scottish Power as well. :imp:
I have no idea how much the other 0843 number will cost me to call - I’m informed I’ll be “kept hanging on for ages at a premium rate”…

check online and see if that is correct re the W&D because it seems odd to me - could be an out of date entitlement still left there for no reason = gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Try changing the photo at a PO set up for it ASAP

ROG:

Winseer:

check online and see if that is correct re the W&D because it seems odd to me - could be an out of date entitlement still left there for no reason = gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Try changing the photo at a PO set up for it ASAP

if you read that info again I’t will be

C1E
You can drive vehicles weighing 3,500 to 7,500kg MAM with trailers over 750kg; the fully-loaded trailer can’t weigh more than the vehicle and combined weight of vehicle and trailer can’t be over 12,000kg

and then

C1E Restrictions Apply:
You can drive vehicles weighing 3,500 to 7,500kg MAM with trailers over 750kg; the fully-loaded trailer can’t weigh more than the vehicle and combined weight of vehicle and trailer can’t be over 12,000kg

with Restriction codes
107 Not more than 8250kg

being grandfather rights old 7.5t with trailer

Ah - he meant C1 with trailer not what we would deem a W&D in the general sense being a C with a trailer :question:

The 107 code 8250 refers to the total of the plated MAM/GVW weights not the GTW/actual weight like the 12000 for the full C1E

ROG:
Ah - he meant C1 with trailer not what we would deem a W&D in the general sense being a C with a trailer :question:

The 107 code 8250 refers to the total of the plated MAM/GVW weights not the GTW/actual weight like the 12000 for the full C1E

but if you look at the Gov web site it says as I’ve posted but both pictures are the same but calling the artic W+D C1E and the other C1E with Restriction Apply

nick2008:

ROG:

but if you look at the Gov web site it says as I’ve posted but both pictures are the same but calling the artic W+D C1E and the other C1E with Restriction Apply

What link you looking at?

It is simple.
After 45 y. U need medical every 5y on c class 1 and 2.
Do your medical complete d2 form and send it before expiry date.
U will keep yer hgv as long as yer medical allows u.

B u need medical every year after u hit 70.

Yes, I’ve got C1+E with the 107 restriction, but full C entitlement until I’m 70, but C+E entitlement expiring this autumn…

When I originally passed, it was on C+E (I never did a seperate C test) and I always assumed the 107 restriction was like the “grandfather rights” thing.

The website mentions “free renewal for lorry drivers” but not if that includes a photo update? I would imagine that perhaps you can’t do it on line, because emailed Jpeg mugshots are not valid documents, 'coz they could have come from anyone and be of anybody! :stuck_out_tongue:

The big question still remains - why is my C+E entitlement for which I’ve passed a test going to run out long before my C entitlement, for which I have not? :confused:

Perhaps I should just toddle off to the local post office counters place (dunno where that is now, so many around here have closed down…) and pick up the relevant
form number, probably something like

delta-charlie-tango-foxtrot-zero-zero-zero-star-star-hash-brown… “b” “iiii”
:unamused:

Winseer:
I’ve got C1+E with the 107 restriction, but full C entitlement until I’m 70, but C+E entitlement expiring this autumn…

That’s not right - did you mean full C1 until age 70 :question:

C and CE will expire at the same time

Looks like a bobo in dvla system.
C and CE are in same rules setup.

D2 for lgv renewal.
Medical
Add picture if u have to.

Price if any will be on D2 form.
Medical is a ■■■■■ and can cost more than less.
Shop around. Prices do vary from 40 to 150.

ROG:

nick2008:

ROG:

What link you looking at?

This one the one you put up

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Cannot find the link with the pictures

ROG:

Winseer:
I’ve got C1+E with the 107 restriction, but full C entitlement until I’m 70, but C+E entitlement expiring this autumn…

That’s not right - did you mean full C1 until age 70 :question:

C and CE will expire at the same time

You’re quite correct on a second look…

C+E and C expire in autumn,
C1+E and C1 expire when I’m 70.

So everyone else’s is the same then?

I see what he’s on about now

I have this

Category : C1
Start date: 14 Dec 1978
End date: 28 Apr 2031
Description
You can drive vehicles weighing 3,500 to 7,500kg MAM with trailers up to 750kg

Category : C1
Start date: before 1 Apr 1991
End date: 14 May 2016
Description
You can drive vehicles weighing 3,500 to 7,500kg MAM with trailers up to 750kg

Category : C1E
Description

Category : C1E
Start date: 14 Dec 1978
End date: 28 Apr 2031
Restrictions apply
Description
Restriction codes
107 Not more than 8250kg

Category : CE
Description
You can drive vehicles over 3,500kg with trailer over 750kg

Being born in 61 i’ll be 70 according to some of the dates :sunglasses: when the licence expires

ROG:
Cannot find the link with the pictures

you put in your licence number . NI number then post code (don’t leave any spaces in the post code and do it all in CAP’s when you get to your details look at top of page click tab that says Vehicles you can drive