Do I need to renew driver medical?

Hi all, about 5 years ago I had the provisional entitlement put on my licence. I buggered up the C test and never bothered to try again as I was skint. Fast forward 5 years, and my boss has decided to put me through the test himself!!! Question is Do I need to renew driver medical if i’ve already got the provisional licence??

Many Thanks

Martin

If your provisional licence is still current, no medical required. It will expire when you are 45 or 5 years after it was issued if you are older than that.

You can check your entitlement online if you’ve mislaid your counterpart licence. This is the link
gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Hope this helps and all the best with your training and test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Would i be right in assuming the OP will need to redo the Theory as well Pete?
Doesn’t it expire after 2 years?

Evil8Beezle:

My theory has expired, they only last 2 years, but never mind not too much of an issue as I have the training material and my boss is paying for that too!!

Peter Smythe:
If your provisional licence is still current, no medical required. It will expire when you are 45 or 5 years after it was issued if you are older than that.

You can check your entitlement online if you’ve mislaid your counterpart licence. This is the link
gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Hope this helps and all the best with your training and test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

manikMartin:

Evil8Beezle:

My theory has expired, they only last 2 years, but never mind not too much of an issue as I have the training material and my boss is paying for that too!!

OK pal, I was just check you were aware of this…