Gullivers Truck Hire ltd

I understand that the above 6000 vehicle hire company based in Bristol has shut its doors.

Gone traveling maybe?

Yes folded in time for Christmas. Some of their guys have been contacting my depot for drivers jobs.

■■■■ shame , used to do a lot of work with Gabe and Nick when they were in Bedminster . Genuine people

Will be easier getting in to Hopwells at brownhills.

Vehicle hire, for big operators these days, tends to rely on selling ex-fleet trucks off for an originally estimated amount to make the hire rates stack up if they stop making what was predicted it starts to unravel.

Gardner6LYT:
I understand that the above 6000 vehicle hire company based in Bristol has shut its doors.

Where did you get in info about then closed down?
Cheers
Welly

Gardner6LYT:

When was this? We’ve still got some of there motors on hire and in use today…

Some of their motors on spot hire were absolutely knackered. Had the pleasure of refusing them at the point of hire.

Nearly as bad as Truckfast…

Ken.

Gardner6LYT:

Not true

insidermedia.com/insider/so … to-the-red

This from February.

Having had the displeasure of occaisionally using their vehicles for the last 13 years I will not miss them if they were to close.

Quinny:
Some of their motors on spot hire were absolutely knackered. Had the pleasure of refusing them at the point of hire.

Nearly as bad as Truckfast…

Ken.

Yep, they used to rip off a DHL subsidiary every year that I had dealings with, it was the same promise every year…new kit blah blah blah…and then the crap started to turn up, as they knew this particular contract would rectify most of the problems, AND not book down the dints, bumps, and missing panels as they arrived…which they were billed for when they went back :open_mouth:

Poor / weak management taken for a ride, every year :unamused:

Gardner6LYT:

Commercial Motor has an article confirming it is entering administration.

Obviously run our of operating cash.

Pity suppliers and any dealers with orders as they are unlikely to see any money.

TDL102:

Gardner6LYT:

Commercial Motor has an article confirming it is entering administration.

Obviously run our of operating cash.

Pity suppliers and any dealers with orders as they are unlikely to see any money.

And I pity the workforce, just in time for Christmas :unamused:

From what I’m reading here, I wouldn’t be too surprised if a new company has been formed recently by certain directors and buys the assets from the administrators without any debts. Assuming anything us worth buying.

Seems to be the way a lot of these companies go, like a yellow haulage co near here.

Well the Harding family are trying to have their cake and eat it,by appointing their own administrator rather than one appointed by the creditors,I presume the plan is as follows.
By the act of administration this in theory would stop the HP Companies from repossessing their equipment as the administrator could hold onto it providing he maintains the HP payments.
HP outstanding was at 163m on the latest accounts plus they had bank loans of 16m…It is a massive amount of debt.
There are names in the frame to buy Gullivers but suppliers are owed 4.7m on the last set of accounts.These will be small businesses that cannot afford to be smacked on the backside
Another interesting fact is that in Coys classic car auction being held today are three cars that belong to the Hardings.
1938 Buick Caonvertible
1959 Facel Vega hk500
1930 Rolls Royce 20/25 Landaulette

I wonder what these might fetch?

Gardner6LYT:
Well the Harding family are trying to have their cake and eat it,by appointing their own administrator rather than one appointed by the creditors,I presume the plan is as follows.
By the act of administration this in theory would stop the HP Companies from repossessing their equipment as the administrator could hold onto it providing he maintains the HP payments.
HP outstanding was at 163m on the latest accounts plus they had bank loans of 16m…It is a massive amount of debt.
There are names in the frame to buy Gullivers but suppliers are owed 4.7m on the last set of accounts.These will be small businesses that cannot afford to be smacked on the backside
Another interesting fact is that in Coys classic car auction being held today are three cars that belong to the Hardings.
1938 Buick Caonvertible
1959 Facel Vega hk500
1930 Rolls Royce 20/25 Landaulette

I wonder what these might fetch?

Can I ask how you seem to know so much about this?! :neutral_face:

Someone who is owed money[£2000] told me about the classic car sale.

The RR and the Buick have an estimate of £20 to £30 thousand each and the Facel Vega expects to get £50 to £70k. Even if they get the top estimate, it won’t do a lot to pay off those debts.