leggetts

heard on the news another family run buisness has gone into administration…leggetts transport…Roy live in the same village i grew up in so a bit sad to hear this as in all the other rough times that had gone on before they had been ok…loss of 120 jobs or so it say on tv…

opp forgot the link
leggetts.co.uk/

this company also had its yard in the same village before moving to elmswell…used to watch the trucks leave there in the early mornings as my school bus collected us right by there gates…

What sad news - one of the good old companies from Suffolk - Rockhead etc., all the old faces from Elmswell, Woolpit etc., will be saddened at this news… Yet the scum keep on trucking and cutting those rates…

village was gislingham in suffolk…anyone else remember when they were based there?

No job losses just clearing its debts if you see the new motors they got in the yard ready to go i dont think there will be any job losses

jayeastanglia:
village was gislingham in suffolk…anyone else remember when they were based there?

Who, Leggetts? They were based at Plough Lane in Woolpit, opposite the old Plough pub - right in the centre of the village. I think they moved to Elmswell Road about 1988 or so?

They do deliveries to my works every day. Mon-Fri. Leggett. See those all the time.

flipfiesta:
No job losses just clearing its debts if you see the new motors they got in the yard ready to go i dont think there will be any job losses

what a la bulmers? still stinks if so

JJ… If they have done a “Pre pack” I certainly havent heard of it… Will ask the guys to talk to the administrators to see if thats a possibilty.

jj72:

flipfiesta:

what a la bulmers? still stinks if so

Isnt administration the step before receivership, in which a company can be run, if that is the best way to realise value for the creditors.

Bulmers pre pack was diffrent because it was a done deal before any other party had a chance to take over or object.

As it is now, any intrested party could come in for Leggetts. and any creditor can be assurred that the administrator is trying to realise the best outcome for all concerned.

Although it is a shame to see such a long standing and respected firm in this position.

Administration means that they are still trading and still being run as a ‘live’ company whilst the process of finding a buyer goes on.

From what the local paper has to say, http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/Jobs-uncertainty-as-haulage-firm.5445167.jp, there is no suggestion of any pre pack, the administrators are looking for would be purchasers.

The fact they have a big well equipped yard and the container terminal surelay makes them attractive to one of the bigger players I would have thought. Let’s hope they can carry on as a viable company, it would be a tragedy if they closed down completely.

they have been taken over, yard, trucks everything, and will carry on going. not by administrators either.

Do tell, Kindle… :smiley:

Goaty:

i knew he loft ours for a reason… :astonished:

euromat:

Goaty:

i knew he loft ours for a reason… :astonished:

it wasnt that reason mate! time will tell with Leggets anyway, someone with a lot of money has saved the day.

Bit of a positive update yesterday on Leggetts:

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/Haulage-jobs-saved-as-business.5553202.jp

It’s been bought out by Marmex limited, who according to a web search I did are based in Ipswich, not sure if they trade under a different name. It seems that the ‘new’ Leggetts won’t be completely the same as the old one tho’, the administrators have apparently sold their yard and a good deal of their fleet - you only have to pass their yard at a weekend to see the number of trucks there now. I have seen a couple of odd ones - an ex-Irlam red DAF with a Leggetts sticker on the door. The deal includes the ‘remaining assets’ and the right to use the name.

Let’s hope they make a success of it for the sake of all involved.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … ation.html

and had a advert in the evening star for drivers to do tramping