2 Company Job Offers

Ive been offered a position at 2 companies Gregorys & N R Evans does anyone know what either of these companies are like too work for, As i am not sure which job to take.

Dirty_Mascot:
Ive been offered a position at 2 companies Gregorys & N R Evans does anyone know what either of these companies are like too work for, As i am not sure which job to take.

Sorry can’t help with either one of them

Just put a few details on here to compare these 2 outfits.

Points like contracted hours, paid by the hr/salary, OT rate, other benefits, Class 1 or 2, what kind of haulage (for example Multidrop, Trunking, Frigde work, Tramping etc.)

At the end everybody can only give their personal view on things, you have to make the final decision.

Personally I would go where I had the better impression and where the staff seemed nice and accommodating + a pay deal what suits you. Also earning sometimes 50p less per hour but feeling more appreciated can be the difference [emoji6]
You know you go to some interviews and as soon you get through their door you think „Wtf…/How do they speak to their drivers/…“

Good Luck on whatever you decide [emoji106][emoji2532]

Edit: Typos…

Sorry i forgot to add that :blush: Its Class 1 work

Gregorys is Walking Floor,Tramping with a weekly wage of £457.80 per week based on 48 hours per week

NR Evans is 4on/4off Fridges Monday - Friday £135 per shift
Saturday £145 per shift
Sunday £155 per shift
£26 per night out

According to this: indeed.co.uk/cmp/Nr-Evans/reviews

You will be doing 12 hour days minimum for your £135. But it could be 15 hours.

I personally would not entertain this sort of micky mouse day rate rubbish. If they want to pay you £135 for up to 8 hours then that’s fair enough. But after that I’d be expecting extra payments.

Thank you for your input

Gregorys is Walking Floor,Tramping with a weekly wage of £457.80 per week based on 48 hours per week

Is that a ‘salary’, ‘based’ on ‘48 hours’? Or is that 457 for the first 48 hours, with an enhanced rate for overtime?

I’ll stick with my £490 for 3.5 days a week, thank you.

sammym:
According to this: indeed.co.uk/cmp/Nr-Evans/reviews

You will be doing 12 hour days minimum for your £135. But it could be 15 hours.

I personally would not entertain this sort of micky mouse day rate rubbish. If they want to pay you £135 for up to 8 hours then that’s fair enough. But after that I’d be expecting extra payments.

Of course you would…

Dirty_Mascot:
Sorry i forgot to add that :blush: Its Class 1 work

NR Evans is 4on/4off Fridges Monday - Friday £135 per shift
Saturday £145 per shift
Sunday £155 per shift
£26 per night out

Hm both not amazing.

Is there a OT rate■■?
Because don’t believe anything what they tell you about average 48 hrs/week crap [emoji45][emoji849][emoji33].
They probably only pay when the wheels turn or you Everything else like waiting for the Loader Driver, Tipping, Weighbridge etc. won’t be paid > but that’s me just guessing.
Also what’s about a weekend rate if you run in Saturday or start Sunday?

You probably work the same hours at Stobarts (because *)
or a similar outfit but get paid by the hour and even earn a bit more. Sounds sad but it’s true.
*I don’t believe any of the 2 hauliers mentioned above keep the hours down. [emoji45][emoji849]

Stobarts do have Walking Floors but you have to apply via the Stobart Group > Stobart Energy

Anyway I think Nodding Donkey has the better deal with his £490 for 3,5 days + OT available if he wants it.
The thing with 4on/4off in general is you can work a 5th or 6th shift, while other generally work 5 Days/Nights and have only 2 off.

Sorry but personally I’m not convinced by any of the 2 job offers but you have to decide.

Either give both employers a miss and keep looking or try one of them and give it 6 weeks to see if you like it or not. There’s always companies advertising even in January/February [emoji6]

Thanks for the info, probably useful for other forum users and good luck with whatever you decide.