Looking for class 1 work

me and my family are looking are relocating from milton keynes to devon.as i’m a class1 driver i would like some feed back on which area’s in devon would other drivers be looking at if it was them, for work ? :confused:

Sorry bud, there’s not a ■■■■ thing down here.

If you’re very lucky to find someone taking on, expect an average of £7 per hour and incredibly long hours.

If I here of anything, I’ll get back to you.

Good luck!

There is Westfield transport in Truro, Evans in Barnstaple, Gregory in Cullumpton, Vital pet food nearby.

Cheers Mike i appreciate that .

Personally, I’d try Gregory’s, I talk to their drivers all the time and they all seem quite happy with it, most of them have been there for ages. I was chatting to one recently and in conversation he said “I’m not really the most knowledgeable about it, I’m fairly new here” So I said “How long have you been working here?” and he said “Nine years” :stuck_out_tongue:

thankyou for your reply harry,don’t suppose you now what their paying a hr :unamused:

I don’t, I do talk to their drivers in general terms (I’m a subbie for them) and I do ask about what Gregorys are like to work for as an employee but it would be a bit previous to try to pin a driver down to pounds and pence wages figures.

If I was asked to guess, I wouldn’t commit myself to anything more specific that “Slightly more than average for Devon”. You will not earn the money in Devon that you do in Milton Keynes, that’s for sure. But then you won’t pay as much for a house.

I agree with Harry in that Gregorys at Cullompton are a good tight fit well run company but you won’t earn a fortune but I regularly go there and they’re a good bunch.

bald bloke:
I agree with Harry in that Gregorys at Cullompton are a good tight fit well run company but you won’t earn a fortune but I regularly go there and they’re a good bunch.

A proper old-fashioned transport company who insist that employees speak fluent English. :wink:

Is it tramping or local work you want?

Harry Monk:

bald bloke:

A proper old-fashioned transport company who insist that employees speak fluent English. :wink:

Like, like :wink:

Harry Monk:

'ow djew spoze dhey findz em driverz den? we awl speek proper down ere

mucker 85 , i don’t mind doing a couple of nights out , but no more than that , apart fom that i am ok with working nights and everything else. thanks everybody for the input it has given me something to think about :sunglasses:

All joking aside where in Devon we’re on about ?

bald bloke:
All joking aside where in Devon we’re on about ?

That does help with finding suitable leads.

been looking and it seems plymouth and exeter areas are possibly where work may be , but open to advice.

jaygrc:
been looking and it seems plymouth and exeter areas are possibly where work may be , but open to advice.

Can you not be near Bristol as loads of work here.? Trouble is a lot of companies who serve South West are based here so do you really need to go to Devon.

Bacon Sandwich:
Sorry bud, there’s not a ■■■■ thing down here.

If you’re very lucky to find someone taking on, expect an average of £7 per hour and incredibly long hours.

If I here of anything, I’ll get back to you.

Good luck!

Could earn more in sainsburys or asda

Has anyone heard about when/if the new Sainsburys DC is being built near Exeter?

doe’s anyone know if they have started building that new sainsburys depot near exeter airport.i heard it should be opening the end of this year.that is if it is built :neutral_face: