New job

After 15 years of limping, 10 of which were as Ltd Co, until September this year when i switched agencies and going paye, I have got a permanent full time job through new agency.
Got shifts and days I wanted, working through the weekend. 25 minutes walk, or 5 minutes drive if raining. Wages are decent, with OT, saturday’s and sunday’s at 1.5
Don’t start until new year, but since coming off Ltd I am less stressed, and feel financially better off. Yes, i may be paying more tax and NI, but i get 29 days holiday pay, sick pay if needed, and a small pension. Company uniform from shoes to shorts to waterproof clothing.
In the last few years i gave applied for many jobs and turned down a few, one in Leicester offering 5p an hour extra on OT after 50 hours FFS!

Sounds a decent job, hope it goes well for you andy and welcome to the world of PAYE :smiley:

Most company pension schemes allow you to pay more in and then they match it. You should pay as much extra into the scheme as you can afford - when the company and the tax man add their bit, it can add up to a tidy sum when you retire. If you are over 50, you may need to take advice though.

i stoped reading after…shifts through weekend!..

LL79:
i stoped reading after…shifts through weekend!..

That’s my choice as I have other commitments on a thursday or friday, also just got contract… weekend rates increased :smiley: