Lost Tacho

Lost my card yesterday. How do I do manuals for tacho without card? What printouts do I use for records?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ask the machine for a printout (this is possible with no card in) at the start of your shift, another one at the end of the shift and Roberts your Mothers brother.

Don’t forget to keep this printouts with you for a minimum of 28 working days.

EddieMD:
Lost my card yesterday. How do I do manuals for tacho without card? What printouts do I use for records?

Legally you’re required to do vehicle printouts at the start of the shift and again at the end of the shift.
Write your name or/and card number on the printouts and sign them.

The activities on the end of shift printout that are not on the start of shift printout are what you’ve done so be sure to use the mode switch just as you would if you’re card was in the tachograph.

Carry these printouts for 28 days then hand them into your transport office.

As far as I’m aware you cannot put manual entries into the tachograph without a card so you’ll have to use the back of the printouts.

You need to inform DVLA of the lost card within 7 days, but as you can only drive without a card for 15 days you should report it asap.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

EddieMD:

Legally you’re required to do vehicle printouts at the start of the shift and again at the end of the shift.

The activities on the end of shift printout that are not on the start of shift printout are what you’ve done so be sure to use the mode switch just as you would if you’re card was in the tachograph.

As far as I’m aware you cannot put manual entries into the tachograph without a card so you’ll have to use the back of the printouts.

You need to inform DVLA of the lost card within 7 days, but as you can only drive without a card for 15 days you should report it asap.

Sent from my mobile.

I was told you couldn’t drive at all until you had reported it and got a number from DVLA then as you say.

Sand Fisher:

tachograph:

EddieMD:

Sent from my mobile.

I was told you couldn’t drive at all until you had reported it and got a number from DVLA then as you say.

I repprted it to them earlier and have another on the way. Could yake up to 20 days they said. Was no mention of a number though

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sand Fisher:

Scroll down to 4.2 Digital Tachographs / Lost stolen or malfunctioning driver cards.

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … raph-rules

Sent from my mobile.

EddieMD:
I repprted it to them earlier and have another on the way. Could yake up to 20 days they said. Was no mention of a number though

When I lost mine last year it was with me in 4 working days. I did 2 copies of the printoiuts, 1 to hand in daily, like downloading the card, and 1 to retain if needed to produce at the roadside for the next 28 days. I did get a reference number when I reported the loss and made a note in my diary.

Some firms will not let you drive without a tachocard even if you lost it. Even though you can legally do so.

Wiretwister:

EddieMD:

When I lost mine last year it was with me in 4 working days. I did 2 copies of the printoiuts, 1 to hand in daily, like downloading the card, and 1 to retain if needed to produce at the roadside for the next 28 days. I did get a reference number when I reported the loss and made a note in my diary.

Thats what I’m doing. Never gave me reference number though…but then again…its Friday! [emoji57]

adam277:
Some firms will not let you drive without a tachocard even if you lost it. Even though you can legally do so.

Few days off suits me just fine…

the maoster:
Ask the machine for a printout (this is possible with no card in) at the start of your shift, another one at the end of the shift and Roberts your Mothers brother.

Don’t forget to keep this printouts with you for a minimum of 28 working days.

Thought thats what it was but wanted to make sure from you guys

I lost my…

Card earlier this year, I looked high and low for it. Did a couple of days on print outs and arranged a new card with the DVLA.

No sooner had I done that than I opened up my printer/scanner and there it was exactly where I’d left it after the agency had wanted a copy of it.

Doh!

I’ve just renewed mine. Did it on the Monday and new card was with me Wednesday. I’ve always found that generally turnaround for tacho cards is really quick.

yourhavingalarf:
I lost my…

Card earlier this year, I looked high and low for it. Did a couple of days on print outs and arranged a new card with the DVLA.

No sooner had I done that than I opened up my printer/scanner and there it was exactly where I’d left it after the agency had wanted a copy of it.

Doh!

So you now have 2 cards :question: that could be very useful in the right circumstances :unamused: :unamused:

scoobyears:
So you now have 2 cards :question: that could be very useful in the right circumstances :unamused: :unamused:

Get stopped by the DVSA and when they find the card you’re using has been reported lost you can expect an interview with the TC.

Driver card numbers change with every issue for a reason :wink:

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

scoobyears:

Get stopped by the DVSA and when they find the card you’re using has been reported lost you can expect an interview with the TC.

Driver card numbers change with every issue for a reason :wink:

Sent from my mobile.

£50 FIxed Penalty for simply being in possession of multiple cards in your name, “Follow Up Enquiries” (i.e. summons, court, site check etc) for using or attempting to use them.

adam277:

DHL had a head fit when I did a shift for them and gave them a print out.