Eddie stobart formula 1 drivers. Any good?

Hi, I’m a new driver had my license since January last year I’ve been offered to do the Mercedes full formula 1 series. This is my dream I’ve watched it since a child but I’ve been slightly put off doing it by another driver telling me it’s not what I will be expecting. I was wondering if there’s any drivers out there that have done this job or knows any drivers that have that could give me an insight into what the day to day work is like? Obviously I understand there will be plenty of non-driving work to be done but I don’t want to spend full days polishing trucks etc. Anyway if anyone could shed some light I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks, Dan

Popcorn anyone?

Incoming!

My breath is bated…

The hook is baited…

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
My breath is bated…

The hook is baited…

I don’t get it…
■■?

I loved it.Travelled the world, fantastic wages and working conditions.See all the races close up, meet all the grid girls, even had a go of Hamilton’s McClaren.What happens in Monaco stays in Monaco tho.

Depends entirely on what your expectations are, list them and I’ll gladly give you the yay or nay…

If you think it’s basically a pass to see races and get behind the scenes access then your going to be disappointed.

You will however have opportunity to see testing relatively close up but this is rare.

Oh and don’t be surprised at being away for weeks (emphasis on weeks) at a time.

I’m very surprised they are giving a new starter consideration on this, you’ll love driving overseas in a right hand drive truck I’m sure!

I did 11 years with ESL and know a fair few who’ve done the F1 job.

Hmmm… new to the forum - relatively new pass - been offered F1 gig …

Socketset:

I’m sure there’s been similar threads over the years?
If the OP cares to search the forum I’m sure they will find the information that they are looking for

Arthurhucksake:
Depends entirely on what your expectations are, list them and I’ll gladly give you the yay or nay…

If you think it’s basically a pass to see races and get behind the scenes access then your going to be disappointed.

You will however have opportunity to see testing relatively close up but this is rare.

Oh and don’t be surprised at being away for weeks (emphasis on weeks) at a time.

I’m very surprised they are giving a new starter consideration on this, you’ll love driving overseas in a right hand drive truck I’m sure!

I did 11 years with ESL and know a fair few who’ve done the F1 job.

Thanks really appreciate this. I did one leg spa to monza this year but I was just an agency driver so we got some free time to explore monza etc. I have done music tours this year too for transam/est.

Yes I was expecting to see a race or 2 and explore the areas I’m travelling to, am I mistaken? And do u now anyone recently that has done it with stobart specifically?

peirre:

Socketset:

If the OP cares to search the forum I’m sure they will find the information that they are looking for

And the more recent threads paint a very different picture than what it was a few years back.

Franglais:

peirre:

Socketset:

And the more recent threads paint a very different picture than what it was a few years back.

Can u elaborate on this for me please

I understood you drove to the circus parked up and polish. Then fly home and deliver some bread to Tesco, fly back to collect the F1 stuff.

A lad I know was on for redbull until earlier this year and he left for family reasons, he loved it but it’s not what you would hope it is… lots of polishing etc and you don’t get to watch the races…

he only did the European races and they would hotel it on way back and alot of the other teams double man it home, I believe the money was good but that’s redbull can’t comment on the green ones.

Agency driver for F1 and Transam Trucking!! Classic!!

Wheel Nut:
I understood you drove to the circus parked up and polish. Then fly home and deliver some bread to Tesco, fly back to collect the F1 stuff.

That’s what I saw. Most drivers get a night in the hotel and then fly back home and then fly back to pack up either on Sunday night or Monday depending on if it was back to back races.

At Spa the race team drivers could see the race easy enough because where you park the trucks is next to the circuit and they want the drivers there before the race ready to move lorries if need be to get the 1st/important trailers out. Like the pic I took below:

DSC_0036.JPG

idrive:

I did one trip for Mercedes F1. As I lay on the deck of the yacht in Monaco harbour snorting lines of coke off Nicole Shirtswingers belly whilst Lewis filmed it I thought " ■■■■ this ■■■■, I’d much rather be delivering to Tesco Daventry" and promptly quit.

idrive:

When I read the initial post my 1st thoughts where either someone who’s very naive, or a Troll.

I now say … Troll

the maoster:

idrive:

I did one trip for Mercedes F1. As I lay on the deck of the yacht in Monaco harbour snorting lines of coke off Nicole Shirtswingers belly whilst Lewis filmed it I thought " [zb] this [zb], I’d much rather be delivering to Tesco Daventry" and promptly quit.

Yes they offered me that job mate but I was busy doing a backload for NASA to the International Space Station

the maoster:

idrive:

I did one trip for Mercedes F1. As I lay on the deck of the yacht in Monaco harbour snorting lines of coke off Nicole Shirtswingers belly whilst Lewis filmed it I thought " [zb] this [zb], I’d much rather be delivering to Tesco Daventry" and promptly quit.

:laughing: :laughing:

“■■■■ this ■■■■, I’d much rather be delivering to Tesco Daventry.” That’s got to be my new favourite one-liner!!!