Eddie stobart formula 1 drivers. Any good?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

idrive:
Agency driver for F1 and Transam Trucking!! Classic!!

Stobarts do use agency drivers for the double manned stints for F1, I posted a link to the jobs at the start of the year and Transam do have driver who just go in to do a double drive.

However I would agree with some on here, a few things about the OP’s posts don’t seem to add up.

Wasted Talent:
Thanks really appreciate this. I did one leg spa to monza this year but I was just an agency driver so we got some free time to explore monza etc. I have done music tours this year too for transam/est.

Yes I was expecting to see a race or 2 and explore the areas I’m travelling to, am I mistaken? And do u now anyone recently that has done it with stobart specifically?

So if you did the Double drive from Spa to Monza why didn’t you ask the driver you were with what the deal was?

I did a double drive from Spa to Monza in 2017, though not for Stobarts, but didn’t get time to look round, got the truck there and then into a hotel near the airport and fly home in the morning, from my experience of this sort of work, the objective is to get you back ASAP as they are paying by the day.

Style of ops posting reminds me of a certain fridge engineer.

Beau Nydel:

Or even the golden vested one, although probably the same person, :laughing:

the maoster:

idrive:
Agency driver for F1 and Transam Trucking!! Classic!!

I did one trip for Mercedes F1. As I lay on the deck of the yacht in Monaco harbour snorting lines of coke off Nicole Shirtswingers belly whilst Lewis filmed it I thought " [zb] this [zb], I’d much rather be delivering to Tesco Daventry" and promptly quit.

Hahaha :laughing:

Im a Stobarts driver, well until next Friday anyway…I was talking to a F1 lad at Appleton on Monday, he was a relatively new pass held Licence 18 months. He loves the job doesn’t see the races but meets drivers etc, other lads ive spoken to get the job and are on a plane home before the week is done!

Take home pay is £850 after tax i’m told.

Impression I get is unless your a yes sir no sir its probably not for you!

Wasted Talent, a word of warning, don’t expect too much from this forum and especially the replies when you are new. There seem to be a lot of jealous members who think everything they read is bull because they don’t want to believe it. Maybe it is because they are not capable of getting a decent job, I don’t know but really you will need a warped sense of humour to tolerate some of the twisted minds and utter nonsense on here. One thing though if you do not take it seriously you will get a right laugh at how dumb some of the comment are but also remember some of the best drivers in the world live on here and are never at fault. EVER. :laughing:

Precisely ^^^ listen to Jake my lad, as the worlds # No 1 he knows his stuff.

Don’t tell me that Dozy is back as a new alter ego and still wants to work for The Green Machine.

Sent using smoke signals

halewood:
I loved it.Travelled the world, fantastic wages and working conditions.See all the races close up, meet all the grid girls, even had a go of Hamilton’s McClaren.What happens in Monaco stays in Monaco tho.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wasted Talent:
Hi, I’m a new driver had my license since January last year I’ve been offered to do the Mercedes full formula 1 series. This is my dream I’ve watched it since a child but I’ve been slightly put off doing it by another driver telling me it’s not what I will be expecting. I was wondering if there’s any drivers out there that have done this job or knows any drivers that have that could give me an insight into what the day to day work is like? Obviously I understand there will be plenty of non-driving work to be done but I don’t want to spend full days polishing trucks etc. Anyway if anyone could shed some light I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan.
Are you on a wind up ?, buggered if I know so I will proceed on the assumption you are not.

So you have had your ticket for a couple of years now so must have a bit to pop on the CV & more importantly will be of the age / type that these outfits will be looking for. (I guess)
As has been said doubt you will see much racing as its odds on you will be busy doing other things, but to be honest unless you are in with the chosen ones / VIP lounge area you wont see anything much anyway (edited highlights is the way to go)
Still should be a good crack if you don’t mind the time away & well worth doing IMO.

I hit on a good thing myself in 2012 driving for a media outfit at the London Olympics, great pay & conditions (real good)
Never saw that many events but that was not what I was there for & ended up getting asked to do other ones in Russia / Korea and of course I will always remember these events unlike the last journey around the M25.

Dodgy Permit:

Wasted Talent:
Hi, I’m a new driver had my license since January last year I’ve been offered to do the Mercedes full formula 1 series. This is my dream I’ve watched it since a child but I’ve been slightly put off doing it by another driver telling me it’s not what I will be expecting. I was wondering if there’s any drivers out there that have done this job or knows any drivers that have that could give me an insight into what the day to day work is like? Obviously I understand there will be plenty of non-driving work to be done but I don’t want to spend full days polishing trucks etc. Anyway if anyone could shed some light I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan.
Are you on a wind up ?, buggered if I know so I will proceed on the assumption you are not.

So you have had your ticket for a couple of years now so must have a bit to pop on the CV & more importantly will be of the age / type that these outfits will be looking for. (I guess)
As has been said doubt you will see much racing as its odds on you will be busy doing other things, but to be honest unless you are in with the chosen ones / VIP lounge area you wont see anything much anyway (edited highlights is the way to go)
Still should be a good crack if you don’t mind the time away & well worth doing IMO.

I hit on a good thing myself in 2012 driving for a media outfit at the London Olympics, great pay & conditions (real good)
Never saw that many events but that was not what I was there for & ended up getting asked to do other ones in Russia / Korea and of course I will always remember these events unlike the last journey around the M25.

Your a paper boy?

Beau Nydel:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
along with the predictable other alter egos,but looks like here we go again though you can expect the pals to reply positively.

god… all… mighty… :unamused:

jakethesnake:
Wasted Talent, a word of warning, don’t expect too much from this forum and especially the replies when you are new. There seem to be a lot of jealous members who think everything they read is bull because they don’t want to believe it. Maybe it is because they are not capable of getting a decent job, I don’t know but really you will need a warped sense of humour to tolerate some of the twisted minds and utter nonsense on here. One thing though if you do not take it seriously you will get a right laugh at how dumb some of the comment are but also remember some of the best drivers in the world live on here and are never at fault. EVER. :laughing:

Spot On…
Some complete knobheads on this that seem to be faultless & know better than everyone else. Treat their comments with respect it deserves :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wasted Talent:

Arthurhucksake:
Depends entirely on what your expectations are, list them and I’ll gladly give you the yay or nay…

If you think it’s basically a pass to see races and get behind the scenes access then your going to be disappointed.

You will however have opportunity to see testing relatively close up but this is rare.

Oh and don’t be surprised at being away for weeks (emphasis on weeks) at a time.

I’m very surprised they are giving a new starter consideration on this, you’ll love driving overseas in a right hand drive truck I’m sure!

I did 11 years with ESL and know a fair few who’ve done the F1 job.

Thanks really appreciate this. I did one leg spa to monza this year but I was just an agency driver so we got some free time to explore monza etc. I have done music tours this year too for transam/est.

Yes I was expecting to see a race or 2 and explore the areas I’m travelling to, am I mistaken? And do u now anyone recently that has done it with stobart specifically?

You won’t see a race, certainly not in its entirety, a good friend ended up taking tyre pressures at Monaco in the pits but that was after joining Pirelli directly from ESL.

Your generally not allowed to just wander around the circuits - your far too busy preparing for the next leg of the season - yes you get down time but you won’t necessarily be at the circuit or even near it.

View it as an international job that’s got a vague link to motorsport, nothing more.

My same friend who ended up working for Pirelli - and a mad f1 fan - liked it so much he jacked it in and now drives in Canada. Which says it all I think!

jakethesnake:

That’s brilliant because as I was reading this I was laughing my head off, got some good bans but why is it so hard to believe that a new driver who’s hungry and works hard won’t get where he wants to be. Anyway thanks for the post u hit the nail on he head :smiley:

Ignore the haters fella,they are just haters…

Go for it,I hear Hamilton is going to be leaving F1 soon to dedicate all his time to counting his money so see this as an opportunity…show the big wigs at McLaren some top notch driving and maybe impress them with a few blindsides and you could soon find yourself being offered the F1 race driver gig,be sure to post it up here when that happens.

muckles:

Beau Nydel:

Or even the golden vested one, although probably the same person, :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nah,
cant be,you must be mistaken.
they dont allow blatent trolling pish in here nowadays.
it all be genuine,and all we need to do is sit and wait for the backup cross posts to suppost the o/p when they finish his shift ,and then sit patiently till we see the pics as proof in a wee while.
these things really happen doncha know. :confused:

waiting patiently for the big event.gif

Maybe work you’re way up to F1…
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk