South Mimms - Night Security Guard

A while ago people were posting that services should offer security.

I recently had 600l of diesel stolen whilst I was sleeping on a break at South Mimms. Whoever did it was impressively good - they didn’t leave any mess and didn’t make nearly any noise.

I was a bit upset about this. I had so little fuel I couldn’t even make it to the pumps. So the company I was driving for needed to call out Scania - fortunately, they are just around the corner. But it was a big inconvenience to me - and hugely expensive for the company. As I had no fuel card - I had to use my personal credit card and put £100 in just to get me back.

Anyway - after all the inconvenience I decided to write Rod Mckie who is the CEO of Welcome Break. I’m informed they will now be putting on a night security guard in the truck services shortly.

If people do get bad service I’d advise them to write to the companies rather than just assume nothing can be done. Anyone parking in South Mimms in the future has me to thank for their security and safety. You are all welcome. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

sammym:
A while ago people were posting that services should offer security.

I recently had 600l of diesel stolen whilst I was sleeping on a break at South Mimms. Whoever did it was impressively good - they didn’t leave any mess and didn’t make nearly any noise.

I was a bit upset about this. I had so little fuel I couldn’t even make it to the pumps. So the company I was driving for needed to call out Scania - fortunately, they are just around the corner. But it was a big inconvenience to me - and hugely expensive for the company. As I had no fuel card - I had to use my personal credit card and put £100 in just to get me back.

Anyway - after all the inconvenience I decided to write Rod Mckie who is the CEO of Welcome Break. I’m informed they will now be putting on a night security guard in the truck services shortly.

If people do get bad service I’d advise them to write to the companies rather than just assume nothing can be done. Anyone parking in South Mimms in the future has me to thank for their security and safety. You are all welcome. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well done that man.A little intelligent and articulate lobbying goes a long way if the passion and anger is honed to a fine point.

Well done to…

Sammy for raising the issue and Mr McKie for doing something about security.

Ok, he say’s he’s going to do something about security. Best wait until you actually see the van drivng around and earning it’s keep before we start popping the Bollinger open eh?

A man and van and insurance for the man and van and wages and equipment for the man and van won’t be cheap.

If the van does appear, then surely WB would have to do the same at it’s other sites? That’s a huge investment for a loss of 600 litres of diesel on a site that clearly states it has no responsibility whatsoever for theft from and the security of it’s patrons.

yourhavingalarf:
Well done to…

Sammy for raising the issue and Mr McKie for doing something about security.

Ok, he say’s he’s going to do something about security. Best wait until you actually see the van drivng around and earning it’s keep before we start popping the Bollinger open eh?

A man and van and insurance for the man and van and wages and equipment for the man and van won’t be cheap.

If the van does appear, then surely WB would have to do the same at it’s other sites? That’s a huge investment for a loss of 600 litres of diesel on a site that clearly states it has no responsibility whatsoever for theft from and the security of it’s patrons.

^^^^^^this.

Welcome back Sam.

yourhavingalarf:

At £35 a wagon, they can afford it. It’ll get to the point where no one pays, or is that just me? :smiling_imp:

did he write back to you,call you up from the control tower when you were on a flying lesson,or just dial you up on the old vhf in your work?
must have been a nice change of agency shift for you having to overnight at lymm.unplanned night out was it?..do tell old bean.

Should have looked at truck park next to you, them flap flips, have some nifty ol transfer pumps in there side boxes, and 600l is a lot to park up at night with…

biggriffin:
Should have looked at truck park next to you, them flap flips, have some nifty ol transfer pumps in there side boxes, and 600l is a lot to park up at night with…

600l is a lot full stop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

biggriffin:

600l is a lot full stop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Especially in a fleet spec, driven by top agency bod,

How sad. A group of adults who complain verbatim about problems, and yet when one person sends an email to try and improveme things rather than vowing to do the same, they simply try and criticize that person. People have a low opinion of truck drivers because of the sorts of knuckle draggers that frequent this site.

Everyone on here has access to the internet. And we all have too much time on our hands if we can post on here. Time will tell if security measures are implemented but I’d strongly suggest anyone capable of composing a mildly coherent email does so if they face problems rather than whining on here.

well the best way to shut the “knuckle draggers up” as you call them is to put your e.mail and the reply on here……… simple’s.

You must be REALLY daft if you think one instance, one event, one email & one reply could ever make a difference.

Stupid people think that everyone else is stupid too !

sammym:
How sad. A group of adults who complain verbatim about problems, and yet when one person sends an email to try and improveme things rather than vowing to do the same, they simply try and criticize that person. People have a low opinion of truck drivers because of the sorts of knuckle draggers that frequent this site.

Everyone on here has access to the internet. And we all have too much time on our hands if we can post on here. Time will tell if security measures are implemented but I’d strongly suggest anyone capable of composing a mildly coherent email does so if they face problems rather than whining on here.

We’re all unedumacated truck drivers who struggle to write with anything except a green crayon, I’ve only got O"levels.

So you have gone where ever from the West Midlands and still got 600 litres of fuel left, in less than 45 minutes that has been robbed, how did £100 of fuel get you back to the West Midlands?

biggriffin:

sammym:

We’re all unedumacated truck drivers who struggle to write with anything except a green crayon, I’ve only got O"levels.

I got O levels too, I checked them with a dipstick, proper clever me.
To be fair though, I could never park a Cessna at Mimms, or coherently use a full stop before “and” , I leave that kind of stuff to the intellects, the clever ones that take the ■■■■ out of people diagnosed with and being treated for cancer like this utter ■■■■ for brains Walt…

F.A.O mods: yep, this one might or might not be on pre-mod, I don’t care either way.
His posts and topics always begin by appearing innocent enough but are designed so that the rest of the content is 60/40. 60% “I’m brilliant and none of you are” and then 40% layered insults and abuse at other posters who don’t fawn over him and swallow it all.
He had me over my cancer and the posts were deleted but I don’t forget. I no longer think he is tramp or dr Damon I just think he is another of many idiots who read this site and then pick out things that will get a reaction just so he can throw some insults and the cry about the feedback, like I said in another topic of his that got locked/deleted, it’s the same M.O every time from these planks and maybe that’s why there is a constant reference to multiple accounts?
If he wants attention then take him off pre mod and let him get it, we are all grown up, if he doesn’t like it then he can fly off into the sunset…

sammym:

Eh :open_mouth: am i reading the wrong year on this ? Old Rodster left in April forecourttrader.co.uk/news/arch … Break.html

But then our Oirish pals slid in to take over welcome break in the summer
irishtimes.com/business/mar … -1.3585844
forecourttrader.co.uk/news/full … Break.html

Still all fun and games in the MSA market :smiley:

But sammym is right writing to the companies involved also copy in chris.grayling.mp@parliament.uk the transport minister

speedyguy:

sammym:

Eh :open_mouth: am i reading the wrong year on this ? Old Rodster left in April forecourttrader.co.uk/news/arch … Break.html

But then our Oirish pals slid in to take over welcome break in the summer
irishtimes.com/business/mar … -1.3585844
forecourttrader.co.uk/news/full … Break.html

Still all fun and games in the MSA market :smiley:

But sammym is right writing to the companies involved also copy in chris.grayling.mp@parliament.uk the transport minister

No idea. But googling makes me think you are indeed correct.

I used google and the email address associated with the chap. Someone from their executive relations team got back to me. Can only assume they are still monitoring it.

As others have said - time will tell if anything is done. I’ve been assured it will be. If security is provided then it will be rather strong evidence I am telling the truth. If not I’m either lying or was passified. Either way it shouldn’t cause grown adults the amount of upset that it seems it to do.

Onwards and upwards for me. After losing my diesel I’ve been asked not to go back to that job. Tesco agency assessment next week. And I passed my flying class 2 medical today. Life is pretty good for me and I shan’t be letting others drag me down rock their level.

I can’t understand what makes folks park in these over priced stinky holes , is it that they dare not to park somewhere isolated or out side the next address , however I do understand that if you are unfortunate to have to travel to anywhere near London you may have to use such holes .

pete smith:
how did £100 of fuel get you back to the West Midlands?

Easily? I only use 80 litres to get from Howden to Hemel Hempstead.

Conor:

pete smith:
how did £100 of fuel get you back to the West Midlands?

Easily? I only use 80 litres to get from Howden to Hemel Hempstead.

Pete has a point ,it’s only just do able ,I’d guess south mimms derv be about £1.50 a litre so that be about 66 litres for the £100 , given the Milage to the west mids at 9 average to the gallon you’d be lucky to have 2 gallons left .