WARNING! Fuel theft at Rothley (off A6)

Last Saturday I’ve parked over night just outside Sofidel on service road leading to A6, apart from me there were two other artics staying over night (its a popular spot for truck drivers especially loading at Sofidel). Road is about 0.5 mile long with streets lightning on one side. The funny story is that I had a dream that I’m being robbed and woke up! My cab was shaking but didn’t hear any voices, just started the engine on for 4 min, wanted to pump up the air and went back to sleep (no more shaking). I had to start at 3am so woke up past 2, and my cab heater was switched off, started up again and went off after one min - then I knew what’s going on. Checked the fuel gauge and was showing empty.

My fuel pipes which goes in to tank was taken out and sensor cut out, fuel cap was missing. Went to check other trucks and they had fuel caps missing too. Woke them up and one driver had stolen small amount of diesel and found his cup - he didn’t have strainer. All of us had curtains cut. During the day went for a short walk and found my fuel cup and 3 extra ones, what my company told me that I shouldn’t park there as we had 2 weeks ago truck drained and 500L of diesel nicked… of which I didn’t know of course.

Probably they didn’t steal anything from me, as my mechanic told me that they cut fuel pipes from both tanks previously… I will find this out tomorrow as I have to refuel my unit.

For sure it wasn’t a one-man job and they knew what to do.

btw A46 Leicester is not a good place to stay over night too as they tried to steal fuel from me there. My advantage in both cases was that I have a uneasy sleep and woke up on time.