South Mimms Services M25

Was down here the other week & had to stop for my tacho break.

I couldn’t see anywhere for short parking of HGVs at the MSA. Only a car park & a coach park.

The sign directed HGVs to a separate lorry park but they wanted £25 to stop there (though you got a free shower or something with that :unamused: ).

In the end I parked on the coach area as it was very quiet along with a few other truckers, but for future reference where are you supposed to go if your only staying for a short while ■■?

Pretty sure you get 2 hours free still…if you dont then thats just stoopid!!

Were you asked the question…are you parking? if you said yes, perhaps he/it thought you was parking overnight? Not just for a short stop.

yes south mimms is 2 hours free parking for hgv…But opposite the pumps is for low loader and wide loads only parking while waiting for ■■■■■■…

Secretelephant:
Was down here the other week & had to stop for my tacho break.

I couldn’t see anywhere for short parking of HGVs at the MSA. Only a car park & a coach park.

The sign directed HGVs to a separate lorry park but they wanted £25 to stop there (though you got a free shower or something with that :unamused: ).

In the end I parked on the coach area as it was very quiet along with a few other truckers, but for future reference where are you supposed to go if your only staying for a short while ■■?

I just stop in the main lorry parking area,it’s free for two hours. motorwayservices.info/area.p … facilities

Not that I use the place too often - its **** - but when i’ve had to I just tell the fella i’m only stopping for a meal, and i’ve never had to pay. Think the fella probably missunderstood you.

last time i was there it was 20 quid to park shower and meal ticket if its still that african geaser he dont know what day of the week it is normaly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When I had a shower there I noticed some graffiti on the wall making some interesting allegations about the webmistress of the Prfssnl Drv*rs ssct**n.

jayeastanglia:
yes south mimms is 2 hours free parking for hgv…But opposite the pumps is for low loader and wide loads only parking while waiting for ■■■■■■…

and foreign plated wagons!

Next time get a bit closer to the sign and read it !!!, read all of it.

Confer with the two hours free lark above …or wedge yourself in as a low-loader (I didn’t know that, ta) or by that barbers in a bus.

Next time perhaps let us know is the barber any good? - ie, would he do a better job on this ‘#2 slap-head’ than the £5 foreigner I loyally use around my way.

It is by law that all MSA will provide up to 2 hours free parking for all types of vehicles. HGV’s must park in the area specified for HGV’s. If your struggling to get to sleep tonight you could read this.

highways.gov.uk/knowledge/14986.aspx

Or this

dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/network … policy.pdf

Free if you’re only stopping for an hour or so.

£23.50 for the night including a meal voucher (£5 IIRC) and a free shower. The showers have recently been refurbished and are much improved.

You can also pay the parking attendant by debit / credit card now.

I never use BP Truckstops at South Mimms, well it was BP last time I was there. Many years ago, I ran from Pembroke Refinery and was going to Felixstowe. I parked in the coach park at the services because the lorry park was full. About 3 hours later I was woken by a relative of the African geezah. He said move. I said no, it was becoming quite boring. :laughing:

20 minutes later, the police arrived and told me to move. I said no, he said move. I explained I couldnt because my time was up.

He said he will call the ministry because he thought I had an air leak. I had been parked up for 4 hours then with not much sleep.

I told him to call the ZB ministry but not to wake me for another 8 hours. He then took my tacho, signed it, telling me to move. I then drove to Felixstowe and then home for the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

flying_fenman:

£23.50 for the night including a meal voucher (£5 IIRC) and a free shower. The showers have recently been refurbished and are much improved.

what services does the parking attendant provide for your money? :laughing:

scanny77:

flying_fenman:

what services does the parking attendant provide for your money? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I told him to call the ZB ministry but not to wake me for another 8 hours. He then took my tacho, signed it, telling me to move. I then drove to Felixstowe and then home for the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

PMSL :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Nice one… :laughing: