south mimms

has any one had expereince lately of south mimms services whats it like is there a chance that ur curtain will get slashed or is it a safe place to park up over night as ill have hodderson on monday 7.30am and the load is a valuable one aswell

thunder367:
has any one had expereince lately of south mimms services whats it like is there a chance that ur curtain will get slashed or is it a safe place to park up over night as ill have hodderson on monday 7.30am and the load is a valuable one aswell

I’ve stayed there several times with no probs, not a place I rate though as it’s too far to the toilet / shower / food.

Last time I was there, the shower(s) in the gents were ‘out of order’ and I had to go into the ladies to get showered…

And, the ANPR system cocked up on the Stobarts driver in front of me, his reg came up as a Megabus.com coach, took ages to sort out

South Mimms always used to be attended parking - i didn’t realise it had changed to ANPR -
Normally quite safe for parking too
cheers
Steve

gm:
South Mimms always used to be attended parking - i didn’t realise it had changed to ANPR -
Normally quite safe for parking too
cheers
Steve

Ahh, you’re right, it is attended parking, I was getting mixed up on that point with another services.

My bad.

Rest still stands though, last used about 4 weeks ago

I see nothing has been written about South Mimms for a while so let me say i parked there 30/3/11 it cost £24.50 with a meal voucher for £6.49, toilets stunk of p*ss but seperate showers were spot on and plenty of room to move about, the food was passable and most meals were about £ 7.49, just a bit noisy though but you have to expect that considering its location.

what a ■■■■■■■■ parked there before christmas food crap showers were not working had to walk to car services for a shower the cafes roof was leaking as it was last time i called in i would avoid it like the plague its gone well down hill since it got taken over and exspensive :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

you can park in the bus park (where it says no hgv) if it gets full in the lorry park, i was told this by the security bloke one night, i didnt have a problem when i did it. ive parked at the truckstop park a few times in the last couple of years with beer/ computers etc etc all in curtainsiders and never had a problem.