Fastrac JCB thingies

…Are they allowed to operate on the motorway system?
I ask because I was on the A1M last night between the junctions for the A63 and A64 and northbound was a fastrac towing a normal large agricultural trailer…I have never seen that before!

I just thought he may have been lost :laughing:

I think if the tractor can go over 35mph they allowed on the motorway, Haven’t looked it up so i’m probably wrong

If they travel over 25mph, are not taxed as an an agricultural vehicle, are not running red diesel, and the owner holds the appropriate operator’s license… then yes it’s fine.

I’ll bet he scored at least 1 out of 4!

Probably stolen

att:
…Are they allowed to operate on the motorway system?
I ask because I was on the A1M last night between the junctions for the A63 and A64 and northbound was a fastrac towing a normal large agricultural trailer…I have never seen that before!

Last year I had one pass me on the M25 and I was doing 56 mph

att:

Seeing that no-one else has … agency driver !

I asked the same question last year after I’d overtaken one on the M1. I say overtaken but the reality was I saw his flashing lights and moved into lane 2 to pass him. Approximately four and a half weeks later I completed the manoeuvre!

From a farmers magazine.

"It is important to remember that all vehicles registered as agricultural vehicles are not allowed to use motorways. This includes higher specification JCB Fastracs if they are registered with DVLA as an agricultural vehicle.
"A Fastrac which has the right build specification could in theory travel on a motorway but only if it is registered as a general haulage vehicle. Fastracs registered as agricultural vehicles are not allowed on motorways as they do not fall to be classed as class I vehicles - because class I excludes vehicles registered as agricultural.
“If a Fastrac is registered as a general haulage vehicle it would be subject to road tax at the appropriate rate, o license rules, tachograph rules and will not be allowed to use red diesel.”

weeto:
From a farmers magazine.

"It is important to remember that all vehicles registered as agricultural vehicles are not allowed to use motorways. This includes higher specification JCB Fastracs if they are registered with DVLA as an agricultural vehicle.
"A Fastrac which has the right build specification could in theory travel on a motorway but only if it is registered as a general haulage vehicle. Fastracs registered as agricultural vehicles are not allowed on motorways as they do not fall to be classed as class I vehicles - because class I excludes vehicles registered as agricultural.
“If a Fastrac is registered as a general haulage vehicle it would be subject to road tax at the appropriate rate, o license rules, tachograph rules and will not be allowed to use red diesel.”

All very good, but try telling them poor hard up farmers,. They are exempt from most transport regulations, because they are best mates mates with local judge, police chief, Local mp is related,

One of the local plant companies uses one to deliver to off road sites .
It has caused compliants from the usual places by those that don’t know the rules .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk