Great Dorset steam fair

Took a wagon down for a mate and parked in the low loader parking area.
There was a fine collection of lorries parked up, I’ve a posted a couple of the fairground lorries as well.

Enjoy.

20180827_134339.jpg

20180827_151210.jpg

Some more

20180827_134317.jpg

Few more.

Some more.

More photos.

Last two.

Thanks for sharing Phil ,have you any more of the yellow f10 or the reg number ?

Been seeing a lot of these on A303 this morning heading away from Andover
Saw a very nice yellow Ford trans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pics, cheers! :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Thanks for sharing Phil ,have you any mo :confused: re of the yellow f10 or the reg number ?

Hi Dan, pretty sure the old F10 is ex Saunders recovery from Stotfold beds. Hope that helps?..

Punchy Dan:
Thanks for sharing Phil ,have you any more of the yellow f10 or the reg number ?

Sorry Dan I’ve checked on my phone that’s the only one.

Thanks for these…that event was a highlight when I was living in Dorset.

I think I went to the first one as a child…1970, or thereabouts. It was at Stourpaine Bushes back then.

Some happy memories.

I’m seeing loads of these on my way down to Andover via Birdlip and Marlborough, also classic trucks and cars, also groups of scooterists returning from the IOW, being a petrolhead myself it’s days like these that I forget I’m actually getting paid to do this.

Also forgot to say about the Sentinal steam lorry that was going north bound at East ilsley ,
He was going up the hills ok

Just spent 4 days at this show it was brilliant

nice

blue estate:
Also forgot to say about the Sentinal steam lorry that was going north bound at East ilsley ,

I bet that was a nice sight,
I did see the Warings of Wrea Green Sentinel on the back of a lowloader.

Rentadent:

blue estate:

I bet that was a nice sight,
I did see the Warings of Wrea Green Sentinel on the back of a lowloader.

Yep a cracking sight as she was under her own steam going up those hills

blue estate:

Yes I passed him near there. It looked very like the one owned by a chap from the Doncaster area but that would seem rather a long way to be roading it? Can they legally travel on Motorways I wonder, they ‘only’ have a top speed of around 40-50 mph but that was twice what they were legally allowed to travel at back in the day of course?

Pete.

windrush:

blue estate:

Yes I passed him near there. It looked very like the one owned by a chap from the Doncaster area but that would seem rather a long way to be roading it? Can they legally travel on Motorways I wonder, they ‘only’ have a top speed of around 40-50 mph but that was twice what they were legally allowed to travel at back in the day of course?

Pete.

There’s a steam rally near Cheltenham week after next on the 8th
Could have been going there