Dorset steam fair.

A large event over a few days,at the end of august,600 acres,took me 5 hours to see it all last time there.Anyone going this year?VOSA have been known to to checks on the gates in.Red diesel?

I havent been for a few years now (but intend to go every year) went last time for two days before the events to see all the heavy haulage stuff arrive and helped to build up the gallopers, then for the two days of the show. Would recommend it to everyone, the atmosphere in the evening with the old time amusements and the showmans engines all in a row is fantastic.
Wellington boots are a must if you’re camping just in case it rains, and if like me you take a caravan you need to be totally self sufficient. Use your own karzi if you have one cos theirs dont arf hum !!!
Maybe this year…

The steam engines let off their whistles at midnight everynight for tradition,and the music and bands are very good at night,the sight of the engines lit up at night is something to see.

My father in law shows his engines there every year, we keep promising to drive down for the weekend but never done it yet :blush: but its really worth a visit is it :question:

boss (stuart ritchie) takes his & his friends steam engines every year. he has a foden steam wagon & 1 of his mates has a ransom & sims traction engine. anothe guy we work with roy wakefield takes his mann steam tractor

bald bloke:
My father in law shows his engines there every year, we keep promising to drive down for the weekend but never done it yet :blush: but its really worth a visit is it :question:

whose your father in law? my boss will no doubt kno him

truckers boy:

bald bloke:

whose your father in law? my boss will no doubt kno him

Mike Marshall, he lives in Child Okeford and he builds his own steam engines.

I shall be there this year as i have been for the last 9 years

It is like a pilgrimage for 8 days it is STEAM STEAM and more STEAM :grimacing:

Will be there this year with the Showmans engine Ex Mayor come and say hello if your there and yes the evening line up of Showie’s is very impressive, Darren

good rally been a few times in the motor road roller even roaded it down there one year that took ages but was a sort of holiday away for a few weeks…

I never knew that Michael Oliver had died a few years ago and that his son had taken over the reigns, He was a true gent. I think he lived for that show.