Great Dorset steam fair

hanson:
Just spent 4 days at this show it was brilliant

If you went in the motorbike tent I was there with this old heap.

Just spent a week there, bloody fantastic!

blue estate:

windrush:

blue estate:
Also forgot to say about the Sentinal steam lorry that was going north bound at East ilsley ,
He was going up the hills ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I passed him near there. It looked very like the one owned by a chap from the Doncaster area but that would seem rather a long way to be roading it? Can they legally travel on Motorways I wonder, they ‘only’ have a top speed of around 40-50 mph but that was twice what they were legally allowed to travel at back in the day of course?

Pete.

There’s a steam rally near Cheltenham week after next on the 8th
Could have been going there

Just had a reply from a steam related forum I am on and he drove it down to Dorset from Doncaster and was on his way back. Water stops would require some forward planning I reckon.

Pete.

windrush:

blue estate:

windrush:

blue estate:
Also forgot to say about the Sentinal steam lorry that was going north bound at East ilsley ,

Yes I passed him near there. It looked very like the one owned by a chap from the Doncaster area but that would seem rather a long way to be roading it? Can they legally travel on Motorways I wonder, they ‘only’ have a top speed of around 40-50 mph but that was twice what they were legally allowed to travel at back in the day of course?

Pete.

There’s a steam rally near Cheltenham week after next on the 8th
Could have been going there

Just asked on a steam forum I am on and yes, he drove it down from Doncaster to Dorset and was on his way back. Drawing water en route would require some forward planning I reckon. :wink:

Pete.

Pete.

Flipping heck [emoji47] it’s a bad enough journey some times in a modern lorry let alone a museum piece

SHUNT1986:

Punchy Dan:
Thanks for sharing Phil ,have you any mo :confused: re of the yellow f10 or the reg number ?

Hi Dan, pretty sure the old F10 is ex Saunders recovery from Stotfold beds. Hope that helps?..

I think it still belongs to Saunders recovery -I live local and work very near to stotfold-see this quite often,and I believe they have quite a few steam engines-I saw a sentinel steam passenger bus and a Foden steamer on the A1 at letchworth last week on the back of one of their low loaders.

Sidevalve:

hanson:

Very nice!!
Not sure if I’d fancy a foot clutch on a bike though!!

SHUNT1986:

Punchy Dan:
Thanks for sharing Phil ,have you any mo :confused: re of the yellow f10 or the reg number ?

Hi Dan, pretty sure the old F10 is ex Saunders recovery from Stotfold beds. Hope that helps?..

Thankyou m8 it’s not what i thought it was then .

windrush:

blue estate:

Pete.

Iirc you never went over 40 mph with your diesel :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , good job you never had steam :laughing: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Punchy Dan:
Iirc you never went over 40 mph with your diesel :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , good job you never had steam :laughing: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Speed limit on UK single carriageways was 40 mph in those days Dan, and being a tipper driver I never exceeded it. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

Speed limit on UK single carriageways was 40 mph in those days Dan, and being a tipper driver I never exceeded it. :wink:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve

andrew.s:

Sidevalve:

hanson:

Very nice!!

It’s actually very easy once you get the hang of it. Used to confuse the hell out of the MOT tester though, especially with the previous one, a WLA, which (correctly) had its front brake lever on the left!

Sidevalve:

andrew.s:

Sidevalve:

hanson:

Very nice!!

It’s actually very easy once you get the hang of it. Used to confuse the hell out of the MOT tester though, especially with the previous one, a WLA, which (correctly) had its front brake lever on the left!

I bet it did lol

Sidevalve:

hanson:

wow…harley 750 wla?? my dad had one in the fifties. .a 1942 model. …sold it to my uncle for a tenner cos it needed a set of rings

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing :sunglasses: