Astle park steam rally

Hiya lads, its astle park this weeknd 11/12 aug i posted a pile of photo,s last year as you can see.
i woulud think most of the trucks will be their this year and most proberly in the same ■■■■■■■■■■■■ ,
saturday night you get a firework display second to none. lets just pray for some sunshine.
John

TWO THOUSEND AND TWELVE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi, 3300 John ,Great pics do u know who ownes the Pochin Foden unit ,Yours Barry

Great pictures John, many thanks for sharing them. Why is it that my busiest time co-incides with all the shows!! Cheerio for now.

b.waddy:
Hi, 3300 John ,Great pics do u know who ownes the Pochin Foden unit ,Yours Barry

hiya… the foden is a 1 owner from new, it still belongs to pochin they also have a erf 4 wheeler its got a gardner
3 cylinder 2 stroke boat engine in the curtain sider to demonstrate
John

Hi John ,thanks for that only we bought one of there old Foden units KLG 400 L Gardener 240 with hub reduction ,it would only do abount 52 mph, but up hill down dale ,it was emaculate when we bought it ,done us proud ,but a differnt driver wrote it off near Johnstown ,Wrexham, so we took the engine& g/box out and put it into one of our ex Populars with a Jordan sleeper cab ,GLG /// K ,Made good tool of it , just a bit of usless info ,YOURS Barry

Went past the showground friday afternoon and it was filling up quite nicely,and it looks like the weather is also going to be good aswell.Hope to get there myself on sunday.

Went along today and took one of my grandsons with me,he loved it,a couple of the lads let him sit in the vehicles and it was a struggle then to get him out.Spoke to 3300John while I was there.In the past when I have got around to his lorry he’s not been about so it was nice to put a face to the name at long last,pleasure to meet you john and I must say the AEC is looking great its a credit to you mate and that also goe’s for everyone else who takes the time and effort in the restoration of the lorries we loved and (somtimes hated) :wink: in the past.

I have put a few more photos on the photo forum thread.

My youngest grandson itching to get going.

Hiya ,john i never thought of letting your grandson sit in the AEC next year it,ll happen.
heres the 150 gardner i promised last year

this next photo is of a very nice ATKI and owner (atki man) but look at the wayward dogem that was whizzing around
the showground

i think the lorry scene was down at astle this year but it was still a good outing.
John

Will hold you to that john next time I see you at a show,but think on mate he may want to take the AEC home with him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:because we may struggle getting him out of the cab once he is in their. :wink: :wink:

3300John:
Hiya ,john i never thought of letting your grandson sit in the AEC next year it,ll happen.

this next photo is of a very nice ATKI and owner (atki man) but look at the wayward dogem that was whizzing around
the showground

i think the lorry scene was down at astle this year but it was still a good outing.
John

Surely that Gardner is an 8 potter John??

Hiya…it is a 8 pot lw 150 bhp. the 240 was a lxb. foden fitted the 150 8 potter in the late 50s. many was exported
in foden heavy duty lorries. i think gardner only made 470 lw 150,s someone will tell us.there was two flatdeck lorries with
about a dozen gardner engines all running 1,s 2,s 4,s 5,s 6,s 8lw,s i asked the chap if he,ll bring his 8lxb next year,
i did have a rev of the 8lw, it still had that magic sound as the 8lxb.
John

hi john atkiman here,good to meet you at weekend.any chance of posting your triumph pics

3300John:

the showground

John

Hiya astle park this comeing weekend…i’ve recycled the old post so you can see whats there.
look at young stanfield having a rev up in the Leyland. good on him…see you on the showground.
John

TWO THOUSEND AND THIRTEEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OOOPS.

Hiya…ive recycled a recycle…its astle park next weekend …9 and 10 of AUG…
see you there
John

My Box Brownie will probably drag me there.

Hiya ROF…i’am taking my Velocette. to get a brew my van will be between the entrance and close to the stalls
on the front row of the car park…its easier for Jill to walk to the stalls.
John

Count me in- just one sugar, please!

I braved the rain & mud this afternoon but found that many of the exhibits had left early to avoid getting stuck in the field. I managed to get a few interesting shots (well, I thought they were interesting, you can make your own mind up!).

This is about the appropriate size for me these days.

A great-looking pair from Stockport-

Nice to see Henshaw’s Thorney looks to be finished-

And one of their more modern vehicles-

It’s not often that you come across a tipper in the appropriate livery of the BRS fleet so this was a nice surprise-

This one got lost on it’s way to Chez ROF-

That’s about all for now, the Box Brownie’s hoping for better weather for the Gravel Run.