Astle park steam rally

Hiya lads this week end…lets hope for better weather this year…the forecast is good. not to hot Sunday but dry.
fingers crossed.
John

A few here from Astle park today and the weather was cracking.
See more at flickr.com/photos/stanny47

Hiya …Astle park rally. weekend of the August 14th nr Jodrell bank telescope… 109 trucks booked in should be worth a look.
6 miles from jct 18 M6 Holmes chapel.
John
…TWO THOUSEND AND TEN…

Good call i may have missed it thanks Mike.

Hiya …a few results from the weekend

sod clicked wrong key

few sandbach specials to look at
John

they,ll be all mixed up now

just a few more. there was twice as much tackle as these photos ive put on but i forgot to take my spare battery and charger

this is a Gardner two stroke engine out of a trawler it dates from 1926 i think

two more early gardners. there was a 8 lw 150bhp but its gone missing in my system

there was a good turn out of arm trucks. the jeep is my mates it was on his lowloader but i took
this pikki at his yard
John

Hiya… two more. well worth a look guess witch still works

thats all folks did you miss a good day■■?
John

3300John:
Hiya …a few results from the weekend

Hi John ;great quality photos ,Why is it you take a snap only to find some knob has walked out from behind the truck ?(i thought this only happened to me)

Great photos John.I forgot all about it :blush: and went to the British Lorry Day at the museum in Leyland yesterday,posted some pics on the photo forum.
JOHN

aaarrrgh ■■■■ & blast missed it again :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

great pics john, hope your ok mate

gaz

Hiya…that Aluminum corporation foden was a two stroke with a 12 speed wowowoooowwwwwwooooooooooooooooo.
Hi gaz … yes keeping well. you missed a good day on sunday the sun was shining. there was about 20 steamers, twice as many trucks
that i photoed plus transporters stacks of vintage cars and motorcycles.
John

Some great photos there John, looks like it was well worth going to.

Hiya lads…its Astle park steam rally in a couple of weeks, 13-14 Aug… its usually a good day out.
so i’vce posted early so you can get organised in good time M6 jct 18 through Holmes Chapel
follow signs for Joderal bank(telescope)and the show is on the left after a mile or so
John

TWO THOUSEND AND ELEVEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi John Will you be there with your AEC if so I may get chance to meet up with you this time,missed you at LLandudno and Smallwood the lorry was there but didnt find you (were you in the beer tents)

Hi boys
John I couldn’t find him either or at Kelsall. Was he really there or was it an illusion :smiley: :smiley: BTW I noticed the battery carrier has been upgraded to a flexible type. I will catch up with him soon,maybe he thinks he owes us money. all good things are worth waiting for. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith

Hiya yes… i was at kelsall but i like a look around too…get this i’ve been to Astle park every year since 1969
that must be good going. or sad…Ill try and spend more time with my truck this year.I don’t like to scare the kids
from looking at the trucks you see…Keith i was talking to you at astle park about 14 years ago, you just did’nt know
me by name. that was when you had you earlier bonneted scania
John.

Hi John
That T cab belonged to my brother as well. It’s confusing but you will know it’s me when we meet because I’m the better looking one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith