Stafford to Tenby

Just booked a week away,never been Tenby before…Sat Nav showing 2 routes,Motorways to Swansea or cross country on via Newtown,Llandidrod Wells,Narberth ect.

Which would you go on a Friday?

xichrisxi:
Just booked a week away,never been Tenby before…Sat Nav showing 2 routes,Motorways to Swansea or cross country on via Newtown,Llandidrod Wells,Narberth ect.

I used to go every year as my ex was from down there. It depends on what time you are travelling but I used to prefer using heads of the valleys road (A465). M50, A40 then A465 to neath then back on M4 at Swansea. I have been cross country a few times. Its very scenic but it can be a bit of a drag after a while, especially if you have been driving all day anyway and just want to get there

mm1988:

xichrisxi:

I used to go every year as my ex was from down there. It depends on what time you are travelling but I used to prefer using heads of the valleys road (A465). M50, A40 then A465 to neath then back on M4 at Swansea. I have been cross country a few times. Its very scenic but it can be a bit of a drag after a while, especially if you have been driving all day anyway and just want to get there

This was my preferred route from East Anglia to Carmarthen, never had any delays. Another option is via M40, A449 to M4 if A465 is closed for roadworks.

You don’t need to go via narberth m8 ,I go via Stafford from here ,Shrewsbury Newtown then on to langurig as its a better road via Rhyader than the one to Llandrindod even though it’s been improved,then cut the corner off at newbridge and on to llandelio.

Cheers guys,we’d provabaly be leaving Stafford about 10ish.
Used to run frequently from here to Llandidrod Wells but leaving here at 3/4am it’s was always a nice clear run but I know Newtown can be an but of a mare during the day especially fri/sat with people heading away.
But then again suppose the route as a whole I’m less likely to see delays going country side way as opposed to M6>M5 which is always fun anytime after 8am :astonished: