Ellesmere port to Cwmbran 2nd opinion please

Two options, Motorway’s or down the A49 A465■■?
Ive looked on google maps and was wondering the quickest please ■■
Thankyou :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Definitely motorway,on the A roads your taking in so many different towns you’ll be forever stopping and starting at roundabouts,lights ect.
M56>M6>M5>M50>A40
M6/M5 split roadworks are gone now so traffic is better too

xichrisxi:
Definitely motorway,on the A roads your taking in so many different towns you’ll be forever stopping and starting at roundabouts,lights ect.
M56>M6>M5>M50>A40

Should have a good run then mate i’m going at 3am. i’m at 44T so should be plane sailing, thanks for the reply mate :smiley: :smiley:

tango boy:

xichrisxi:
M56>M6>M5>M50>A40

Should have a good run then mate i’m going at 3am. i’m at 44T so should be plane sailing, thanks for the reply mate :smiley: :smiley:

Nice time to go will clear Birmingham area before everyone else wakes up,the other way would be a right pain in the arse tbh you won’t run more than 20 mins at a time without having to stop for something roundabout ect!
Whack cruise on and enjoy the trip :smiley:

xichrisxi:

tango boy:

xichrisxi:
M56>M6>M5>M50>A40

Nice time to go will clear Birmingham area before everyone else wakes up,the other way would be a right pain in the arse tbh you won’t run more than 20 mins at a time without having to stop for something roundabout ect!
Whack cruise on and enjoy the trip :smiley:

That’s what i was thinking :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I would go M50, A40 then A449 to the M4 head West and take junction 25a just before the tunnels then head up the A4042. There is about 946 roundabouts between abergavenny and cwmbran and the single carriageway bit between abergavenny and pontypool is a ■■■■■ Dual carriageway and motorway all the way if u follow my directions, should miss the traffic before the tunnels as well.

bubsy06:
I would go M50, A40 then A449 to the M4 head West and take junction 25a just before the tunnels then head up the A4042. There is about 946 roundabouts between abergavenny and cwmbran and the single carriageway bit between abergavenny and pontypool is a [zb]. Dual carriageway and motorway all the way if u follow my directions, should miss the traffic before the tunnels as well.

I’m good with directions mate thanks, i’m more interested in best route :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If ur running at full tonnage then the less roundabouts and single carriageway the better, so the route i recommended would be the best.

bubsy06:
If ur running at full tonnage then the less roundabouts and single carriageway the better, so the route i recommended would be the best.

Thankyou :smiley: :smiley:

That you this morning TB coming down towards j23 about after 4 ish ? Channel 39 ?

Punchy Dan:
That you this morning TB coming down towards j23 about after 4 ish ? Channel 39 ?

Yes mate 3 of us

If you dont already know there is a butty van on the A449 between the usk junction and newport in the big layby away from the road, usually open really early.

tango boy:

Punchy Dan:

Yes mate 3 of us

I tried to key up but its not so good at working straight away .

Punchy Dan:

tango boy:

Punchy Dan:

Yes mate 3 of us

I tried to key up but its not so good at working straight away .

Fair enough mate :smiley: