Which way do I go

Sat here pondering which way to go to Rassau, NP23 5SD, (South Wales)

Option A. Do I go- MK, Oxford, Swindon M4, over the Expensive Bridge (company pays :smiley: ) & up the A4042 to the Heads of the Valleys Rd ? (Boring but easier route)

Option B. MK, Oxford, A40 (Air Balloon/missing out Cheltenham :unamused: ) Gloucester, Ross, Monmouth then onto the Heads A465. ? (40 mph, Holiday/Scenic Route)

Not much in it time wise, about 20 miles longer using the M4 & of course 19 Bloody Quid for the Bridge. :imp:

A40 all the way shag unless you’re max weight maybe. I’d still go A40 anyway.

Who pays the fuel bill . Ross you got weigh bridge and tappers

Option B every time. Makes a change from droning upand down motorways.
Could always hang a left an go through the forest of Dean as a slight re-route.
Be warned, it can get a bit busy into Monmouth at times.
Cheers
Paul

Ok, on my way now & it’s gonna be the A40, scenic route, so please, No wagons on their side on the Air Balloon, thank you.

martinviking:
Ok, on my way now & it’s gonna be the A40, scenic route, so please, No wagons on their side on the Air Balloon, thank you.

You’ll be lucky … that’s down on the 5 between Weston and Cleavdon N bound . the one on his side took the offside of another trl out .
I must say the load stayed on the trailer nicely loaded :wink:

nick2008:

martinviking:

You’ll be lucky … that’s down on the 5 between Weston and Cleavdon N bound . the one on his side took the offside of another trl out .
I must say the load stayed on the trailer nicely loaded :wink:

Hope everyone’s ok, couldn’t go through a Monday Rush Hour without someone on their side !

Helps if you tell us where you are setting off from :unamused:

lolipop:
Helps if you tell us where you are setting off from :unamused:

Sorry, it was MK (Milton Keynes) I was just abbreviating (like every one else does these days) got to Yuassa, Rassau Ind Est in just under 4 hours (scenic route)
I was just looking for opinions, because I couldn’t make my mind up which way to go.
Gotta do Trefforest (next to Greggs, yum) followed by Newport rd, Cardiff next (so I could have done it using the M4, if I’d swooped the deliveries round)

Why not pay the bridge do Newport Rd first up the A470 to Trefforest keep on the 470 pick up the A465 to Rassau carry on down to Abergavenny pick the A40/449 M50 and home that way.

mike68:
Why not pay the bridge do Newport Rd first up the A470 to Trefforest keep on the 470 pick up the A465 to Rassau carry on down to Abergavenny pick the A40/449 M50 and home that way.

I’ve got a collection from Pontycymer, Bridgend, that’s why I did the Heads first then drop down for Cardiff, then shoot down the M4 for Bridgend.
It was six of 1 or half a dozen the other.