Do I need to put card in

I’m taking a truck to a village street fayre to use as a stage,do I need to put my card in ,

Instinct says yes, even if you ain’t being paid for it, can’t be bothered to look up the bylaws for you though.

Wouldn’t bother. Who’s really going to care?

the holymoly brigade on here will say yes…as above ,who would give a toss.
if your that bothered,accidentally forget your card,then do a manual…then bin it. :wink:

If your not being paid or if its not for hire or reward then no tacho needed.I know i did a float this year for a local village and was told that by my boss and nothing was said.Was only told to make a note of the start and finish mileage so they can keep it incase someone asks about the missing mileage.

Why wouldn’t you want your card in?
Can we assume it’ll be a weekend and would interfere with your weekly rest?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

blackcats:
I’m taking a truck to a village street fayre to use as a stage,do I need to put my card in ,

If the vehicle is over 7.5 tonne, card must be used, hire and reward clause does not apply to vehicles over 7.5 tonne

Colin_scottish:
If your not being paid or if its not for hire or reward then no tacho needed.I know i did a float this year for a local village and was told that by my boss and nothing was said.Was only told to make a note of the start and finish mileage so they can keep it incase someone asks about the missing mileage.

Your boss clearly needs to learn the rules, or, simply stop talking out of his ■■■■■■

Any vehicle over 7.t tonne, driven on a public road, must have a tacho fitted and used

All hours count towards the weekly/fortnightly drivers hours and wtd regs

shuttlespanker:

blackcats:

If the vehicle is over 7.5 tonne, card must be used, hire and reward clause does not apply to vehicles over 7.5 tonne

Colin_scottish:

Your boss clearly needs to learn the rules, or, simply stop talking out of his ■■■■■■

Any vehicle over 7.t tonne, driven on a public road, must have a tacho fitted and used

Ok ill tell him hes been wrong for the last 30 years then aswell.

Colin_scottish:

shuttlespanker:

blackcats:

Colin_scottish:

He hasn’t been wrong for 30 years - just the last few years since the law changed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Colin_scottish:

shuttlespanker:

blackcats:

Colin_scottish:

He hasn’t been wrong for 30 years - just the last few years since the law changed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Need to tell him the 20 trucks that did it need to be burnt incase dvsa come round and bend him over then.

As I said originally, your boss clearly needs to learn the rules, as, he is giving you incorrect information, which could result in you being fined by DVSA

So, do yourself a favour, and drop the attitude, it just makes you look stupid :wink:

shuttlespanker:
As I said originally, your boss clearly needs to learn the rules, as, he is giving you incorrect information, which could result in you being fined by DVSA

So, do yourself a favour, and drop the attitude, it just makes you look stupid :wink:

What attitude would that be.I think you might have taken the post the wrong way or i worded it wrongly.

Could you use out of scope in these circumstances?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Could you use out of scope in these circumstances?

No, because if in a truck plated over 7.5t you’re in scope!

I did a few local carnivals a fete many years ago in the days of analogue tacho’s, I used to put a card in and write which event I was doing, its voluntary work and easy for the DVSA to check if they want to take it further.

So I would say put your card in, as correctly stated previously its over 7.5t, and do a printout, I’d bet if stopped and everything generally in order nothing would be said, maybe also take a few pictures and stick on a social media platform of your choice.

But mainly enjoy the strange sensation of being appreciated and cheered by Joe and Joanne Public for driving your truck through the local town. :laughing:

Interesting… how about Horseboxes and Motorhomes over 7.5T… surely not on tacho?

Training vehicles too.

Alfa1M:
Interesting… how about Horseboxes and Motorhomes over 7.5T… surely not on tacho?

Not sure about horseboxes tbh, but if I was to take a guess about motorhomes I’d say that they are exempt as they are not a commercial vehicle so have no need for a Tacho even to be fitted.

DVSA or whatever they are called this week do take an interest in carnivals [emoji565]

This from 2010.

Tachograph answered this same question in 2012 and he agrees with Shuttlespanker

the maoster:

Alfa1M:

Not sure about horseboxes tbh, but if I was to take a guess about motorhomes I’d say that they are exempt as they are not a commercial vehicle so have no need for a Tacho even to be fitted.

Motorhome or even a kenworth unit classed as a motorhome the tacho use is exempt by the taxation class dictates the mot class usually class 4 can be mot’d at a car garage but class 7 garage as most garages arnt big enough to fit them as they go over the pit not up the ramp .lorrys of any size are tacho exempt for show use if over 25 yrs old .